Devone Claybrooks

If it not specific to a certain category, put it here.
CanadaBruce
War Room Member
War Room Member

Devone Claybrooks

Post by CanadaBruce » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:03 am

Any of you guys remember a DT named Devone Claybrooks? played for the Cowboys in 2004 won a superbowl with Tampa in 2002

He is the Defensive coordinator in Calgary for the local CFL team. I've bumped into him a couple times in downtown Calgary including getting drunk with him last night. He is a beauty!

Its insane how he talks about Jerry Jones and how loyal he is to his players and former players. He says Jerry really means that every player that plays for Dallas is always a part of the family. He talked about how he has helped former players out over the years whenever they needed money or got in any kind of trouble, even guys who came to camp and never made the team. I got a whole new appreciation for JJ talking with this guy, he truly cares about every single player that has ever worn the star. "Once a Cowboy, always a Cowboy"

Jerry has a box where any former player can go and watch the games not just the stars, every former player. Probably just bar talk but when he seen how insane of a cowboys fan I am, he told me if I wanted the two of us could go down to a game after the CFL season ends and he'd take me to the box....
"I think that a man with a helmet defending his country should make more money than a man with a helmet defending a football."

MattN
War Room Member
War Room Member

Re: Devone Claybrooks

Post by MattN » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:39 am

That's awesome!

:thumbsup:

markg
Commander-in-Chief
Commander-in-Chief

Post by markg » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:02 am

I don't remember him, but it's a cool story. Here's hoping that he gets an NFL coaching gig soon. I can just here you two in the bar singing "I'm Henry the 8th I am...".
The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

baldboy77
Rookie
Rookie

Post by baldboy77 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:59 pm

That would be so super awesome!! I'm hoping it happens for you!
Make em earn it

John
Site Man-at-Arms
Site Man-at-Arms

Post by John » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:10 am

You sure meet a lot of cool people in your travels!

Hint-hint.....
"I'm Batman!"

CanadaBruce
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by CanadaBruce » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:50 am

markg wrote:I don't remember him, but it's a cool story. Here's hoping that he gets an NFL coaching gig soon. I can just here you two in the bar singing "I'm Henry the 8th I am...".
He has had the #1 defense in the CFL for a few years here and told me he has had some offers to coach in the NFL and college and turned them down, likes Calgary and the autonomy that he gets from the head coach here. id guess he thinks he has a shot at the HC job here some day too.

He has a few other businesses down south that his family runs for him and was smart with the money he made so he says he doesn't need the money. Calgary is a pretty fun place as well and probably more if you're coaching the local team.

Only thing we argue about is Duke vs UNC lol

I grew up a big UNC fan and he is a Duke guy. I am having fun with him over the loss :biggrin:
"I think that a man with a helmet defending his country should make more money than a man with a helmet defending a football."

markg
Commander-in-Chief
Commander-in-Chief

Post by markg » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:25 pm

I like his attitude and he is well spoken. I dug up an article where he may actually get a head coaching gig. The article is dated perhaps as the Alouettes wanted a coach in place by now.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/aloue ... head-coach
The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

markg
Commander-in-Chief
Commander-in-Chief

Post by markg » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:31 pm

Nope. Former Packers Mike Sherman was named Head Coach in Montreal Alouettes. I bet he can do well there.

John
Site Man-at-Arms
Site Man-at-Arms

Post by John » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:38 am

They play American football in Canada?????? How do they run on the ice? :P
"I'm Batman!"

MattN
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by MattN » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:54 pm

MattN
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by MattN » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:55 pm

CanadaBruce
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by CanadaBruce » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:35 pm

markg wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:31 pm
Nope. Former Packers Mike Sherman was named Head Coach in Montreal Alouettes. I bet he can do well there.
Devone withdrew his name from the Montreal job right after the season to stay in Calgary. He told me it just wasn't the right time or right fit.