My roster thinks after 2nd preseason

If it not specific to a certain category, put it here.
sandyf
Sigmund Freud
Sigmund Freud

My roster thinks after 2nd preseason

Post by sandyf » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:22 am

Machota had an article today in the DMN and has his opinions and we have ours. For me, this is how I look at it based on training camp and two preseason games.

QB - White has shown nothing to believe any team would pick him up. 5th round picks are cut all the time. White has at least two years to go before he should be considered a #2 on any team. Right now only Prescott and Rush are my roster.

RB - Would agree although Jackson sure does look good and if Scarbough injury is more than we know he could go on the PUP list or IR to be brought back mid season. Sure things are Elliott, Smith and Olawale with Scarbough due to style of running the next guy up. Like Jackson and sure coaches do also but keeping 5 would be difficult.

TE - Yes the Gather thing. Have to remember that Jerry likes him for one. Just don't believe they are going to give up on him quite yet but you never know. I believe we keep four in Swaim, Jarwin, Schultz and Gathers. Bet they put Wells on the PS.

WR - Would say he is correct with Brown going on the PS. The six would be Hurns, Beasley, Williams, Gallup, Austin, and Lenoir. Thompson's injury will either get him PUP listed or cut. Brown will likely go to the PS although PUP list or IR is possible.

OL - Again appears to be correct although could see them just going with 8 but I would be more comfortable with 9. We know the starters with Looney, Fleming and Edwards as backups. Question is will they finally give up on Green. Maybe a late pickup instead of Green but we could easily start the season with 8.

ST - DUH! Is there any doubt that it will be Bailey, Jones and Ladouceur?

DE - Hard call but Tapper could be the last to go along with Jones. Locks appear to be Lawrence, Crawford, Gregory, Charlton, and Armstrong. Battle coming down to Ealy and Tapper but don't see more than 6.

DT - A. Woods and Collins appear to be the starters with Ward and Jones/Price the backups, although I can see Jones making it over Price because he can play 3 positions (same goes for Ealy). Frankly I do not believe Irving will ever play for us again, just to much drama.

LB - Good but will not be surprised if Covington is the pick over March-Lillard. A great 5 in Lee, Smith, Vander Esch, with Thomas and Wilson as primarily backups. Covington may be a better ST guy over March-Lillard.

CB - Same except Ward still has a chance to beat out Thomas imo. With Awuzie and Jones as starters and Brown and Lewis as slots, it looks pretty good. Thomas has more experience but Ward has more upside. If Ward doesn't make the 53 then they will try and get him on the PS. Olumba is a wildcard here.

S - What to think. Yep there are 3 but if no trade then Robinson or Kelly make the squad and the other the PS. Tough sledding here with only Heath and Frazier healthy but Woods should be back game 2. Woods has been good enough to not trade for Earl Thomas but will have to see how they play out. Richard likes Robinson and Kelly so wouldn't be surprised to see one on the 53 and one on the PS.
Cowboys Fan for over 45 years.
\"Cherish one's friends for in the end that is all one has! Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ...holy sh!t...what a ride!\"

John
Site Man-at-Arms
Site Man-at-Arms

Re: My roster thinks after 2nd preseason

Post by John » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:36 pm

We are getting close!
"I'm Batman!"

coolnerd
Veteran
Veteran

Re: My roster thinks after 2nd preseason

Post by coolnerd » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:59 pm

Improved pass rush, LBs, and CBs will help protect average Safeties, but if you get in the playoffs and go up against the best teams and QBs, that won't be enough. I really feel an Earl Thomas trade is going to get done.