Demarco demoted

A place to converse with our rivals. This is not a SMACK forum. Violators will be prosecuted.
lambert10
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Demarco demoted

Post by lambert10 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:45 pm

The one thing that appears to be good about the off season was the Cowboys refusal to resign Murray at the money he wanted. The Eagles just demoted him. He only played in 16 snaps yesterday. He has been probably the biggest free agent bust in the NFL. And I know, they don't use the best run scheme for him, but backs worth what he got should do much better regardless. Now, if we can only find a RB, and a CB, and a pass rusher and another WR, and a...... :explode:
On the seventh day, God plucked a star from the skies and placed it on a silver and white helmet, saying, "They shall be called the Dallas Cowboys"

Coach Steele
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Demarco demoted

Post by Coach Steele » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:19 pm

lambert10 wrote:The one thing that appears to be good about the off season was the Cowboys refusal to resign Murray at the money he wanted. The Eagles just demoted him. He only played in 16 snaps yesterday. He has been probably the biggest free agent bust in the NFL. And I know, they don't use the best run scheme for him, but backs worth what he got should do much better regardless. Now, if we can only find a RB, and a CB, and a pass rusher and another WR, and a...... :explode:
Glad you said it and not me :lol:

MattN
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by MattN » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:21 pm

square peg, round hole.

Coach Steele
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Coach Steele » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:27 pm

Broken peg not worth 8 million.

MattN
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by MattN » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:43 pm

Hopefully they'll cut him and he comes back a nice discount.

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:06 am

The Eagles running game is broken.
Funny, the broken Demarco leads their team in rushing.
#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

Coach Steele
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Coach Steele » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:05 pm

RAIDERRED wrote:The Eagles running game is broken.
But is third in yards per carry.

tom
All-Pro
All-Pro

Post by tom » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:43 pm

Chip Kelly is an idiot. Lesean McCoy was the perfect fit for their offense, but he sent him packing. Murray is not a good fit at all. I liken it to Jimmy Graham. He was a beast in New Orleans's offense, but never quite fit in Seattle before he got hurt. When signing free agents, teams need to take a better look at how players fit their scheme.

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:00 pm

Coach Steele wrote:
RAIDERRED wrote:The Eagles running game is broken.
But is third in yards per carry.
And the reason for that has been discussed ad nauseum.
Regardless of the yards per carry, he has been effective at times when he was allowed to get North and South.
#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

John
Site Man-at-Arms
Site Man-at-Arms

Post by John » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:58 pm

Arrrggghhh. Why are we still talking about him? It's not like McFadden sucks (until yesterday anyway).
"I'm Batman!"

Coach Steele
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Coach Steele » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:26 pm

John wrote:Arrrggghhh. Why are we still talking about him? It's not like McFadden sucks (until yesterday anyway).
:thbravo: :bowbow: :thehammer: :gentleman:

MattN
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by MattN » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:07 am

I'll just leave this here

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas-cowboys/ ... ay-reunion
Wondering if there could be a Cowboys-DeMarco Murray reunion

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

The Philadelphia Eagles demoted DeMarco Murray last week, which is stunning considering the $21 million they guaranteed the running back last March. That’s how bad the season has gone for Murray, who has 163 carries for 569 yards and four touchdowns. Could the Eagles do the unthinkable and part ways with Murray after the season? The salary cap makes it almost impossible to even think about. His 2016 $7 million base salary is guaranteed. But let’s say the Eagles choose to do it. I wonder if the Cowboys would jump on the chance to re-sign him. Actually, I more than wonder it. I would expect the Cowboys to get involved in the mix. The Cowboys miss Murray badly, and it’s clear Murray misses the Cowboys.The Eagles’ offense is just not a good fit for Murray. The Cowboys’ offense is a perfect fit. Now, what kind of contract would you give Murray, who would be a year older, although not with the wear of a big-carry season? The Cowboys offered Murray $6 million per year with $12 million guaranteed after he led the NFL with 1,845 yards rushing.

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:28 am

#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:37 am

Andrew Brandt ‏@AndrewBrandt 3 minutes ago
Again, DeMarco Murray has a $40 million contract in theory only. Real deal: two years, $18 million.
#ZEKEMODE

Coach Steele
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Coach Steele » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:21 am

MattN wrote:I'll just leave this here

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas-cowboys/ ... ay-reunion
Wondering if there could be a Cowboys-DeMarco Murray reunion

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

The Philadelphia Eagles demoted DeMarco Murray last week, which is stunning considering the $21 million they guaranteed the running back last March. That’s how bad the season has gone for Murray, who has 163 carries for 569 yards and four touchdowns. Could the Eagles do the unthinkable and part ways with Murray after the season? The salary cap makes it almost impossible to even think about. His 2016 $7 million base salary is guaranteed. But let’s say the Eagles choose to do it. I wonder if the Cowboys would jump on the chance to re-sign him. Actually, I more than wonder it. I would expect the Cowboys to get involved in the mix. The Cowboys miss Murray badly, and it’s clear Murray misses the Cowboys.The Eagles’ offense is just not a good fit for Murray. [bThe Cowboys’ offense is a perfect fit.[/b] Now, what kind of contract would you give Murray, who would be a year older, although not with the wear of a big-carry season? The Cowboys offered Murray $6 million per year with $12 million guaranteed after he led the NFL with 1,845 yards rushing.
highlighted part is an opinion by a staff writer. Holds about as much weight as yours or my opinion. He was perfect in 2014. Seems like he has some wear and tear on him in 2015. He most likely won't be cut until after 2016 because of guaranteed money. Washed up by that time.