Building a team of Blue Chippers

Discuss your favorite players you would like for the Dallas Cowboys in the upcoming Draft.
RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Building a team of Blue Chippers

Post by RAIDERRED » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:31 pm

Bucky Brooks ‏@BuckyBrooks 19 seconds ago
Despite the "QB-driven league" narrative, it's the teams w/10-12 blue-chip players than typically win big..
Not in any order...

1) Romo
2) Dez
3) Tyron
4) Beard
5) Martin
6) Witten
7) Lee
8} OScan
9) Jones
10) Lawrence
11) Crawford?
12) Bailey
#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

pwe73
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Building a team of Blue Chippers

Post by pwe73 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:56 pm

u could add collins to that list
Say Hello to My Lil' Friend

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:51 pm

He'd be 13 if I were ranking.

Will add at least 2 more this draft.
#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by 34yearsnow » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:09 pm

RAIDERRED wrote:He'd be 13 if I were ranking.

Will add at least 2 more this draft.
Hopefully we'll add a runner who'll rank towards the top of that list....and a 3rd D-Lineman.
"How do we begin to covet? We covet what we see everyday"....Hannibal Lechter...The Silence of the Lambs

MattN
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by MattN » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:47 am

If Gregory can kick the dope and focus on reading the playbook instead of using the pages to roll joints, he could be on the list.

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:15 pm

As we turn from free agency to the NFL draft, one term you're going to hear a lot is "blue-chip player," but what does that mean?

The simplest explanation—which may not apply to every team—is that top-ranked players are often color-coded with a blue draft card. This is how most teams refer to those elite players in each draft class. For example, one team I've talked to uses a blue card for first-rounders.

Each team may be different, and some analysts may use the term to refer to the best-of-the-best-type players. But as a general catch-all, it's fair to say a blue-chip prospect is expected to be drafted in the first round and should be a rookie starter.
#ZEKEMODE

CanadaBruce
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by CanadaBruce » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:21 pm

MattN wrote:If Gregory can kick the dope and focus on reading the playbook instead of using the pages to roll joints, he could be on the list.
They should just legalize the stuff and the NFL should remove it from the banned substance list, its not like its performance enhancing, unless you call being sleepy and having the munchies increased performance.

Not that id know......
"I think that a man with a helmet defending his country should make more money than a man with a helmet defending a football."

John
Site Man-at-Arms
Site Man-at-Arms

Post by John » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:57 pm

CanadaBruce wrote:
MattN wrote:If Gregory can kick the dope and focus on reading the playbook instead of using the pages to roll joints, he could be on the list.
They should just legalize the stuff and the NFL should remove it from the banned substance list, its not like its performance enhancing, unless you call being sleepy and having the munchies increased performance.

Not that id know......

Sandy knows...... :shock:
"I'm Batman!"

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Mon May 09, 2016 6:19 am

Not in any order...

1) Romo
2) Dez
3) Tyron
4) Beard
5) Martin
6) Witten
7) Lee
8} OScan
9) Jones
10) Lawrence
11) Crawford?
12) Bailey
13) ZEKE
14) Jaylon (Projected)
15) Thornton
#ZEKEMODE