Who Do You Take?

Discuss your favorite players you would like for the Dallas Cowboys in the upcoming Draft.
tom
All-Pro
All-Pro

Who Do You Take?

Post by tom » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:12 pm

Let's say we're done in free agency, other than a backup QB and RB. We're sitting at #28 with some holes to plug. The following players are available. Each would be a Day 1 starter. Who do you take? For the sake of this game, don't say the "highest ranked player on our board" or "best payer available regardless of position." Pick one of the following.....

DE Charles Harris
DE Tak McKinley
CB Teez Tabor
CB Adoree Jackson
CB Fabian Moreau
SS Jabril Peppers
RT Cam Robinson
OG Dan Feeney

Fairweather
All-Pro
All-Pro

Re: Who Do You Take?

Post by Fairweather » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:22 am

All imperfect based on what we're looking for... Peppers, McKinley or Jackson?.... Safety is a huge need now unless we know Frazier is ready and able. I've been waiting for a dynamic return man for a long time and Jackson's defensive potential ain't too shabby either. Love McKinley's potential. I might look to move down to the top of the second round depending on what's available on our board.

Gimme Peppers if coach thinks he has the instincts for SS.
I Am Ironman. The Suit And I Are One.

Hollywood4341
All-Pro
All-Pro

Post by Hollywood4341 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:07 pm

My approach would be a little different based on supply and demand. This draft is so deep at corner. I would go pass rusher and Harris would be my pick. He can make an immediate impact. Secondary can be addressed in second and third rounds.
Victory has 1000 fathers but defeat is an orphan

Fairweather
All-Pro
All-Pro

Post by Fairweather » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:51 am

I had to edit my post because initially I had Jackson but switched to Peppers at the end. If I could be assured of hitting on a starting quality strong safety in the next two rounds, I'd also go Harris. But right now SS is the most glaring need to me with Church and Wilcox gone.

Ultimately I think we stick to the best player on the board even if it's an offensive player and I'd have no problem with that. I've always wanted a killer offense that practically scores at will.

MattN
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by MattN » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:40 am

Hollywood4341 wrote:My approach would be a little different based on supply and demand. This draft is so deep at corner. I would go pass rusher and Harris would be my pick. He can make an immediate impact. Secondary can be addressed in second and third rounds.
:iamwithstupid:

stong
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stong » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:37 pm

CB Fabian Moreau

sandyf
Sigmund Freud
Sigmund Freud

Post by sandyf » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:02 pm

Lets see now, Sidney Jones CB Washington injuried, not back until mid season, Fabian Moreau CB UCLA injured, not back until training camp sometime, Jake Butt TE Michigan, not back until at least start of training camp and all of them guys we are interested. Jones will drop to at least the 4th round, Moreau could have been in the 1st or 2nd but see him dropping to the 3rd, and Butt either to the 3rd or 4th round and actually maybe the 5th round.

At 28, Humphrey CB Alabama might be the only one available who I would have interest as a secondary pick, not sure any of the DE type I think we would go for would be there.

These are the guys that I believe could be there at 28 (that would be on our board of 150).
Marlon Humphrey CB Alabama understand he is going to visit
Ryan Ramczyk OT Wisconsin
Cam Robinson OT Alabama understand he is going to visit
T.J. Watt DE/OLB Wisconsin understand he is going to visit

There will be 3 to 5 QBs that go in the 1st round. Sure no one believes it but it will happen and that is going to push others down. It always happens. There also will be at least one if not two picks that come out of left field of guys that are rated as late 2nd or 3rd round guys but go in the 1st. This is a not good OT draft so Robinson or Ramczyk could be drafted mid 1st more due to need than BPA, both should go late 1st.

Dallas will go with there board but I believe that if a couple of those QBs like Mahomes or Webb or Kizer we could see a decent offer to move down although I suspect that it will be beyond say 37/38 area. I do believe if Moreau had not been injured that he would have been the pick.

The boys will not care what we think or believe so if Ramczyk or Robinson are at the top of the board when 28 comes around, then it will not surprise me any with the pick.
Cowboys Fan for over 45 years.
\"Cherish one's friends for in the end that is all one has! Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ...holy sh!t...what a ride!\"

Fairweather
All-Pro
All-Pro

Post by Fairweather » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:38 pm

I one of the few who is just fine with a top rated offensive player at 28 or 60.... BPA! in the draft and fill-in with free agents and trades post draft until opening day kick-off.

Mosier
Scrub
Scrub

Post by Mosier » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:34 am

stong wrote:CB Fabian Moreau
Yep, that's my pick.
I recommend reading this Phallosan Forte review.