Trade down

Discuss your favorite players you would like for the Dallas Cowboys in the upcoming Draft.
sport56
Veteran
Veteran

Trade down

Post by sport56 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:33 am

Deep defensive draft. I suggest trading down to pick up a late 2nd or early 3rd round pick and targeting Adoree Jackson, CB, USC. Best not to fall in love with an edge rusher. Several available on Day 2 with similar traits.

tom
All-Pro
All-Pro

Re: Trade down

Post by tom » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:32 am

I wouldn't be opposed to that. The edge rushers that will be available at #28 don't seem much better than what we have now. Is Charles Harris better than D-Lawrence? Is Taco Charlton better than David Irving? Is Tak McKinley worth the risk with his injury? Plus, is he a 3-4 OLB? I'd be fine waiting until the third round to pick up a guy like Trey Hendrickson. I think we need to fix our secondary with our first two picks.

Fairweather
All-Pro
All-Pro

Post by Fairweather » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:26 pm

:iamwithstupid: That was my initial acessment of this draft weeks ago. Trade down unless a gem falls to 28. Unfortunately, I think a lot of teams not in the market for OL, TE, QB, WR, or LB might be thinking the same thing.
I Am Ironman. The Suit And I Are One.

sandyf
Sigmund Freud
Sigmund Freud

Post by sandyf » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:39 pm

I believe the whole draft is going to hinge on where the QBs start to go. If 1 - 15 do not take a QB and right now it seems likely they will not, then starting around 28, teams are going to want to jump back into the 1st to get a QB so they can have the 5 year option.

That might be good news for Dallas if we want to trade down because a team or two will overpay to move back up. It also means that no one we might want to jump on will really fall to 28. We are still some 19 days + away from the draft starting although a few things are starting to come into focus especially in the top 10.

I still believe Dallas has four main guys targeted at DE and three at CB.
T. McKinley DE UCLA - bunches have him going in the 1st round but my belief is since the shoulder surgery and the fact that most reports don't have him able to practice until the end of training camp is that he will drop out of the 1st into the late 2nd. He is due the week of the draft for a medical eval by the NFL which will tell us more.
T.J. Watt DE Wisconsin - he does fit the Garrett type of guy and a guy that can play multiple positions although I am a bit leary of his injury history and only 1 year of production. Again a guy bunches see in the first but most scouts see him late 2nd, I'll go with the scouts.
Tarell Basham DE Ohio - lots of talk about him late 1st or no later than late 2nd, frankly it could be but 3rd is highly likely, has a lot to learn and will have to see how we rank him
Charles Harris DE Missouri - many fans want him but I don't see the 100 percent player, takes a lot of downs off to me and wonder where he really rates on our board
Fabian Moreau CB UCLA - really believe if Dallas has chance to draft him where they want to take him, they will and I believe that is the top of the 3rd round, would go much higher if not for the pectoral injury.
Kevin King CB Washington - another guy they want but I believe in the 2nd or 3rd round not before
Jalen Tabor CB Florida - he is an enigma, doesn't seem to have anyone that is super interested but scouts seem to love him

I just see Dallas trading down and not once but possibly 3 times depending on how things fall and trying to get at least another 2nd and at least a couple of more 3rds. Should be interesting.
Cowboys Fan for over 45 years.
\"Cherish one's friends for in the end that is all one has! Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ...holy sh!t...what a ride!\"