Down to Two Players

Discuss your favorite players you would like for the Dallas Cowboys in the upcoming Draft.
tom
All-Pro
All-Pro

Down to Two Players

Post by tom » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:11 pm

In my humble armchair draftnik opinion, I feel the Cowboys are down to two players who they are targeting in the first round. I think their main target is TJ Watt. If he makes it to #28, that's the pick. I think they're enamored with his potential, great motor, and bloodlines. If he is not available, I think they take Kevin King. He's a tall CB who can line up on the outside against the bigger receivers in the NFC East. If both of them are gone, expect a trade down to the top of the second. I am so confident this is what will happen, I will buy you all a beer if I'm wrong. The caveat is, you'll have to come to Southern California to collect. :toothgrin:

Fairweather
All-Pro
All-Pro

Re: Down to Two Players

Post by Fairweather » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:03 pm

Recently read or saw that they are warming up to Adoree Jackson. I'm intrigued as well. Everyone keeps talking about getting a big corner to match up with the big WRs, but you need some speedy athletic guys to deal with the Beckhams of the league. Maybe that's Brown. Or maybe we get one of each. I think Jackson may be just scratching the surface of his talent as he was a two sport athlete in college (track) but can now focus on football.

T.J. Watt's injuries worry me.
I Am Ironman. The Suit And I Are One.

tom
All-Pro
All-Pro

Post by tom » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:56 pm

Fairweather wrote:Recently read or saw that they are warming up to Adoree Jackson. I'm intrigued as well. Everyone keeps talking about getting a big corner to match up with the big WRs, but you need some speedy athletic guys to deal with the Beckhams of the league. Maybe that's Brown. Or maybe we get one of each. I think Jackson may be just scratching the surface of his talent as he was a two sport athlete in college (track) but can now focus on football.

T.J. Watt's injuries worry me.
I agree with you on both accounts. But I think the Cowboys rely on SPARQ scores, and Watt and King both scored high. I don't know how high Jackson scored, but I like him a lot.

John
Site Man-at-Arms
Site Man-at-Arms

Post by John » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:45 pm

I'm becoming a Jackson fan.
"I'm Batman!"

pwe73
Veteran
Veteran

Post by pwe73 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:31 pm

dream scenario
1)derek barnett/ tj watt
2) adore Jackson
3) justin evans
in that order, i know it might be a pipe dream to select barnett but he is going to be something special. every time i watch tape of evans, he makes plays and knocks people backyards
Say Hello to My Lil' Friend

sandyf
Sigmund Freud
Sigmund Freud

Post by sandyf » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:46 pm

Tom, just need to know what part of Southern Cal as should be there in June and I'll be thirsty.
Cowboys Fan for over 45 years.
\"Cherish one's friends for in the end that is all one has! Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ...holy sh!t...what a ride!\"

tom
All-Pro
All-Pro

Post by tom » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:57 pm

sandyf wrote:Tom, just need to know what part of Southern Cal as should be there in June and I'll be thirsty.
Ha! I live in Murrieta, which is just north of San Diego. Actually, if you connect San Diego, Palm Springs, and Los Angeles to form a triangle, I'm right in the middle. I will gladly pay off my bet if I'm wrong. But I won't be wrong. :cheerx2:

tom
All-Pro
All-Pro

Post by tom » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:07 pm

Both of my guys are still on the board.

John
Site Man-at-Arms
Site Man-at-Arms

Post by John » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:30 am

My next vacation is in Murietta!
"I'm Batman!"

tom
All-Pro
All-Pro

Post by tom » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:36 am

Crap.....I was wrong. I owe everyone a beer. In fact, I'll also throw in a Taco.