Danielle Hunter

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Danielle Hunter

Post by RAIDERRED » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:56 am

Third-year junior was told by the NFL Advisory Committee to stay in school but declared anyway. "Overrated," one scout said. "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. No instinct." Started 23 of 38 games at DE, finishing with 142 tackles (21 for loss) and 4½ sacks. "There's not a lot of production as a rusher, which obviously you'd like," another scout said. "But the stuff he does is rare. He gets his hands on balls and runs running backs down from behind. At times he is (tough). God doesn't give everything to everybody. He's a better athlete than (Barkevious) Mingo, but I can see the comparison." Long arms (34 ¼), jumps of 36 1/2 (vertical) and position-best 10-10 (broad jump). "I'm probably stronger than he is," a third scout said. "If Mingo's having problems (in Cleveland)...he's not even close to Mingo. He just is not physical. I don't know what you're going to do with him."
#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Re: Danielle Hunter

Post by 34yearsnow » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:28 pm

What he brings: He has a high ceiling as a pass-rusher with his combination of length, power and athleticism, but he has a lot of developing to do in order to become effective at the NFL level. He's a strong edge-setter against the run, and plays with outstanding energy and toughness.
"How do we begin to covet? We covet what we see everyday"....Hannibal Lechter...The Silence of the Lambs

34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Re: Danielle Hunter

Post by 34yearsnow » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:29 pm

"High Ceiling"....is that code for NOT sacking the QB????
"How do we begin to covet? We covet what we see everyday"....Hannibal Lechter...The Silence of the Lambs