Benardrick McKinney

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Benardrick McKinney

Post by RAIDERRED » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:28 am

Strong Points –

He has ideal inside linebacker size, strength, speed and athleticism. He was highly productive versus the run and good in pass coverage. He is aggressive at the point of attack, can shed blocks, can tackle, and is a big hitter. He is quick reacting, plays with top instincts, is around the ball, and makes plays.

Weak Points –

He shows just average ability as a pass rusher when used as a blitzer. While he gets and keeps good position in pass coverage, he has no career interceptions.

Summation –

He has an outstanding combination of size, speed and athleticism. He is an instinctive play maker and big hitter. He can control the middle of the field. He is alert and makes the defensive calls. He should be able to play in any scheme and come in and start right away as a rookie.
#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Re: Benardrick McKinney

Post by 34yearsnow » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:41 am

McKinney didn't impress teams in the Combine meetings, and that could hurt him come draft day. However, a ton of teams are showing interest in McKinney and view him as a play-maker with the versatility to be used in a variety of ways. Teams said that McKinney did better on his team visits than his Combine meeting.

McKinney had 71 tackles, eight tackles for a loss, three sacks, one forced fumble and four passes broken up in 2014. One of those sacks came when he beat Texas A&M tackle Cedric Ogbuehi off the edge. McKinney was a big-time presence in the Bulldogs' defense and displayed the ability to be a three-down starter who can drop into pass coverage or rush the quarterback.
"How do we begin to covet? We covet what we see everyday"....Hannibal Lechter...The Silence of the Lambs

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:56 am

Internet reading...(which means I don't have a link and I'm not making it up)
We sent our d-line coaches to look at him.
#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

Coach Steele
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Coach Steele » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:23 am

RAIDERRED wrote:Internet reading...(which means I don't have a link and I'm not making it up)
I know the guy is guilt like a defensive lineman but do you think its a wise idea to take a guy and put him at a brand new position (especially in the first couple of rounds)?

rodg12
Team Captain
Team Captain

Post by rodg12 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:05 am

RAIDERRED wrote:Internet reading...(which means I don't have a link and I'm not making it up)
I saw the same report. Believe it was in a Tony Pauline tweet.
Do your damnedest in an ostentatious manner all the time.
-George S. Patton

J Rod

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:23 am

:thumbsup:
Age can be a challenge sometimes. :lol:
#ZEKEMODE

34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by 34yearsnow » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:19 pm

What he brings: He has an excellent combination of size and athleticism. His movement skills are a little stiff, but he has very good straight-line speed and closing burst against the run, and he's fearless in taking on blocks. He has good upside as a pass-rusher but needs to get better in coverage.
"How do we begin to covet? We covet what we see everyday"....Hannibal Lechter...The Silence of the Lambs