Sam Young

Each current player has a sticky topic. Post the good, bad, and ugly related to a single player here to keep a running evaluation of plays, games, season, and careers
34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Sam Young

Post by 34yearsnow » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:24 pm

Sam Young

Young started at Notre Dame for four years. He has potential as a Right Tackle, but I do not see him playing at a high level on the Left side, as he does not have elite athletic ability.
"How do we begin to covet? We covet what we see everyday"....Hannibal Lechter...The Silence of the Lambs

MattN
War Room Member
War Room Member

Re: Sam Young

Post by MattN » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:20 pm

solid RT potential if he sticks with it.

tom
All-Pro
All-Pro

Post by tom » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:09 pm

I keep hearing of his "potential." My questions are:

If he started four years at Notre Dame, shouldn't he be ready to play?

If he has that much potential, why didn't Wade and Jason get him on the field more this year?

I hope you're all correct in your assessments of this kid. I hope he turns into a player, but at this point, he's merely a backup RT and nothing more.

34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by 34yearsnow » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:43 pm

aptom wrote:I keep hearing of his "potential." My questions are:

If he started four years at Notre Dame, shouldn't he be ready to play?

If he has that much potential, why didn't Wade and Jason get him on the field more this year?

I hope you're all correct in your assessments of this kid. I hope he turns into a player, but at this point, he's merely a backup RT and nothing more.
Young needed to get "NFL Strong".

His footwork was backward in protection. In college most teams protect --outside foot/inside foot...in the NFL you have to go Inside/Outside....to pick up counter moves.
"How do we begin to covet? We covet what we see everyday"....Hannibal Lechter...The Silence of the Lambs