Dallas signs long term David Irving DT
Dallas resigns L.P. Ladouceur LS
Dallas resigns Jonathan Cooper LG
Dallas resigns Joe Looney OG

Free Agency
Dallas signs Cameron Fleming OT, cuts Chaz Green OT
Dallas signs Allen Robinson WR

Draft - needs in order of importance - LB, S, OG, WR, LB, OT, CB, RB, DT, DE

19. Tremaine Edmunds LB Virginia Tech - Lee's heir apparent could be SAM to begin
50. Rodney Harrison S Alabama - will be the starting SS
81. Leighton Vander Esch LB Boise St - will back Jaylon Smith in the middle
118. Brandon Parker OT North Carolina - geat size, will be the eventual swing OT
138. Equanimeous St. Brown WR Notre Dame - has size, ability, can make the big play
139. Akrum Wadley RB Iowa - great speed, good hands, can return also
174. Adonis Alexander CB Virginia Tech - great size and length, underrated
176. Dalton Schultz TE Stanford - great blocker, good hands, great routes
196. Larry Allen III OG Harvard - strong, road grader, smart, team captain
236. Brett Toth OT Army - have to wait two years, but worth it

Priority UDFA

J'Mon Moore WR Missouri
Du'Vonta Lampkin DT Oklahoma
Marcell Frazier DE Missouri
Brandon Facyson CB Virginia Tech
Chase Litton QB Marshall
DaeSean Hamilton WR Penn St.
Nick DeLuca ILB North Dakota St.
Cowboys Fan for over 45 years.
\"Cherish one's friends for in the end that is all one has! Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ...holy sh!t...what a ride!\"

Fairweather
All-Pro
All-Pro

Re: Feb 8th Mock

Post by Fairweather » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:52 pm

Nice! The only thing I don't like is not drafting a NT. Vea and Settle are my guys. Most mocks have Settle going in the middle rounds. I say he's gonna rise after the combine and workouts. In fact, my intuition says I'd rather steal him in a later round than to pick Vea in the first. I'd also grab him a round earlier. Maybe I'm crazy, lol. We'll see. It's time to smother running games. With our passing game defense looking brighter and brighter (Love the last DB class; the possibilities of what, Charlton, Tapper and GREGORY(Yeah I said it) could bring; and the prospect of adding a top-notch LB or two). Add a deep threat WR, an improved Dak, and some luck in the health/suspension departments, and this team could be scary good.
I Am Ironman. The Suit And I Are One.

tom
All-Pro
All-Pro

Post by tom » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:37 am

Sandy, this is your most realistic plan ever. I'd actually be OK with that offseason. Well done! :thbravo:

sandyf
Sigmund Freud
Sigmund Freud

Post by sandyf » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:44 am

Thanks Tom, going to try and re-evaluate weekly based on different articles I read and the best I can get out of some of the people in the organization.

Know the scouts have been putting together a board but doesn't really mean much until you get all the coaches involved which should start fairly soon since the combine is only about 9 days away. And the thing about the combine is the interviews and position drills (40 times for some positions). Pro days will be more important for those that don't participate in drills and those not invited to the combine.

Will not be surprised to see Dez cut or traded (most likely a 3rd), also would not be surprised to see Beasley, Scandrick, and Hanna traded as a package for a mid pick i.e. some team like Cleveland.

Here is an updated mock based on some information, concerning to me is the David Irving situation.

28. Leighton Vander Esch LB Boise St - will back Jaylon Smith in the middle initially, Lee's relacement, plays OLB and ILB
* trade down with Steelers picking up #60
* Seems to be some concern at the moment with Edmunds ability to learn the plays, may not be the brightest guy
36. Taven Bryan DT Florida - a 3 tech guy in the mode of Aaron Donald, still a bit raw but a monster
* Dallas tagged Irving with a 2nd round choice and Colts signed him to a contract
50. DJ Chark WR LSU - great size, good hands, great route runner, shows how to get separation,
60. Rodney Harrison SS Alabama - will be the starting SS, really not much of a leader type but definitely a playmaker
81. Equanimeous St. Brown WR Notre Dame - has size, ability, height, can make the big play, makes the difficult catch look easy
* Could see a CB here if Dez still with the team, if not two WRs would not be out of the question
118. Brandon Parker OT North Carolina - geat size, will be the eventual swing OT maybe even a LT in 3+ years
138. Dalton Schultz TE Stanford - great blocker, good hands, great routes, probably a 3rd or 4th round for him, Witten clone
139. Akrum Wadley RB Iowa - great speed, good hands, can return also
152. Godwin Igwebuike FS Northwestern - fits the captain of secondary that Richard likes, motivator, hard hitter, good cover guy
* Obtained in trade for 4th in 2019, Richard moves Bryon Jones to corner with Awuzie, Lewis, Brown, and White
* Would not be surprised to see Dallas try to also get Shaquem Griffin LB UCF and/or Nick DeLuca LB North Dakota St at the same time
174. Adonis Alexander CB Virginia Tech - great size and length, underrated but just the type Richard likes
176. Nathan Shepherd DT Fort Hays State - here is a 1 tech with 3 tech capabilities although small school, could surprise or not, worth the pick
196. Larry Allen III OG Harvard - strong, road grader, smart, team captain, teams are underrating his ability and strength
236. Brett Toth OT Army - have to wait two years, but worth it, fits all the boxes, extremely hard worker and film guy

* Does not take in consideration of a trade for Dez or the combination of Scandrick, Beasley and Hanna which are wild cards

Could envision a 53 like this with the previous free agent signings
QB - Prescott, Rush
RB - Elliott, Smith, Wadley
FB - Smith
TE - Witten, Gathers, Jarwin, Schultz
WR - Robinson, Williams, Switzer, Brown, Chark, St. Brown
OL - Smith, Cooper, Frederick, Martin, Collins, Fleming, Parker, Looney, Allen
ST - Bailey, Jones, L.P. Ladouceur
DT - Crawford, Collins, Bryan, Shepherd, Ash
DE - Lawrence, Charlton, Jones, Tapper, Gregory
LB - Lee, Smith, Wilson, Vander Esch, March-Lillard, Johnson - last two are interchange with maybe cheap free agents or UDFAs
CB - Awuzie, Lewis, Jones, Brown, White, Alexander
S - Harrison, Frazier, Igwebuike, Woods

One to many but suspect roster size may change in owners meeting in May. Talk is to expand by 3 and teams will have to keep 3 quarterbacks on roster. Pretty sure it will not happen but the NFLPA is hoping to expand rosters to 60 in the next contract so owners may want to expand some early to take that off the table. Bears watching.
Cowboys Fan for over 45 years.
\"Cherish one's friends for in the end that is all one has! Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ...holy sh!t...what a ride!\"

Fairweather
All-Pro
All-Pro

Post by Fairweather » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:39 am

Keep churning Sandy. The only question I have is the status of Heath.
I Am Ironman. The Suit And I Are One.