Post Combine Mock March 7, 2018

Enter your Mock Drafts for the Dallas Cowboys in this forum
sandyf
Sigmund Freud
Sigmund Freud

Post Combine Mock March 7, 2018

Post by sandyf » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:51 am

Well things are still very cloudy but at least some of the needs/wants are coming into perspective. So much rhetoric about the QBs and who is going to get who but in the end there will be at least 5 QBs go in the 1st round and that will influence the draft.

The other big thing, at least for me, is Dallas is going to move up and down in this draft through trades and do not believe for a moment that next year’s picks are off the table. Free agency might be slim although I feel it will be a bit of surprise for a few of our fans and by the time free agency starts, we should know about Dez, about Martin’s extension, possibly about Lawrence’s contract (understand they really aren’t that far apart) and maybe just maybe what is the LG situation (believe this is the one are they might address 1st in free agency).

First I see the Vikings signing Cousins because they will meet his demands, second several teams i.e. Jets, Broncos, Cardinals, and Browns will sign place holder QBs in free agency but will also take a QB in the draft, third Barkley is going #1 and that is going to be a free for all after that with teams moving up and down, and fourth Dallas isn’t going to stay still at #19 and wait.

Free agency: Donte Moncrief WR, Josh Kline OG, Chris Hubbard OT

Dallas will go into the draft looking for S, DT, LB, OG, backup RB, WR, swing OT.
(If Dallas trades or releases Dez Bryant, then changes are a coming.)

Dallas trades with the Colts who will move down twice, once with the Jets and then with the Dolphins. Colts trade #11 and #37 (from Jets) to Dallas for #19, David Irving DT, Orlando Scandrick CB, James Hanna TE, and Cole Beasley WR, and 3rd in 2019.

#11 Derwin James S Florida St – with Jones moving to corner this gives Dallas not only now but future stability at the FS spot and a guy that could be a SS or LB when needed. The secondary with this pick goes to a position of strength similar to the Seattle legion of boom.

Dallas trades with the Vikings. Vikings trade #30, #94 for #50, #81, 2nd in 2019.

#30 Leighton Vander Esch OLB Boise St. – Esch can start at the Sam spot and eventually take over for Lee in a year or two. With Lee, Smith and Esch you could have all 3 or the field for 3 downs. All 3 are great instinct guys, sideline to sideline guys and cover well with TE or RB.

#37 Harrison Phillips DT Stanford – quick, active feet, strong, great run stopper and can put pressure on the QB. Does play 1 tech and 3 tech, always moving, team leader, never gives up on a play. A true football guy.

Dallas trades #94, #137, and #173 to the Lions for #81

#81 DJ Chark WR LSU – great size, speed, and gets separation easily, underused at LSU should become a full time starter at either #1 or #2 spot, leader and football guy, Dallas trades up to get him.

Dallas trades #116 to the Eagles for #131 and #156

#131 Larry Allen Jr. OG Harvard – although the media scouts don’t have him rated in the top 250, he was dominant at Harvard, strong, fast, and much like his father where people do not appreciate his football talent, he will become the starting LG for Dallas early, early on.

#156 Brandon Parker OT North Carolina AT&T – great upside at either LT or RT, long arms, quick feet, very strong, more Tyron Smith build, tall, needs coaching but useful swing OT right away with limited snaps, chance to be a starter in couple of years.

#171 Kemoto Turay DE/OLB Rutgers – could go earlier but needs work and better moves, explosive to the QB, needs a bit more weight, can also play SAM LB, good size, hard worker, could be a good ST player also

#193 Godwin Igwebuile SS Northwestern – should take Heath spot right away, great tackler, leader, motivator, good hands, great instincts, good speed, better diagnosing of plays

#208 D’Ernest Johnson RB South Florida – has nice size, great hands, good speed, catches the ball well out of the backfield, excellent ST player, leader type, will give everything he has each play, doesn’t make mistakes

#236 Siran Neal CB/S Jacksonville St – has nice upside if he can learn the pro game, good size and speed, willing learner

UDFA:
Daurice Fountain WR Northern Iowa
Fred Warner OLB BYU
Brett Toth OT Army
Peter Kalambayi OLB Stanford
Cowboys Fan for over 45 years.
\"Cherish one's friends for in the end that is all one has! Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ...holy sh!t...what a ride!\"

John
Site Man-at-Arms
Site Man-at-Arms

Re: Post Combine Mock March 7, 2018

Post by John » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:30 pm

:shock:
"I'm Batman!"

Fairweather
All-Pro
All-Pro

Re: Post Combine Mock March 7, 2018

Post by Fairweather » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:25 pm