16 Days Until Dallas

Enter your Mock Drafts for the Dallas Cowboys in this forum
sandyf
Sigmund Freud
Sigmund Freud

16 Days Until Dallas

Post by sandyf » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:14 pm

It is 16 days until some of leave for Dallas to attend the draft. Should be fun and will most likely boo some, look confused some, and yell happily some.

Trying again to mock but doing it based on quite a bit of what Dallas needs i.e. DT run stuffer - strong safety - another offensive tackle - speedy wide receiver then maybe 3 tech - free safety - running back , what they do in terms of players i.e. they like the big schools, team captains - leaders and the SPARQ score of which they like guys very high on the list regardless of position.

I do believe we are going to see 6 QBs go in the first round with Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, Jackson and Rudolph and at least four of them in the top 5 and all six in the top 12. This is going to push a few down from the defensive side. I also believe we will have at least two or three surprised in the top half of the round be it O line guys or RB or WR.

Lastly I cannot believe that Dallas isn't planning something big and splashy right before the draft and during the draft. We will come out of the draft with some 20+ players either drafted and signed as UDFA guys. I also firmly believe that the following guys are on the block and may be traded for the right opportunity. Those guys are Dez Bryant WR, Cole Beasley WR, James Hanna TE, Geoff Swain TE, Chaz Green OT, Jeff Heath FS, Bryon Jones CB, Terrence Williams WR, and David Irving DT. While none of them may get traded, don't believe any are off limits. I also do not believe that our #1 pick in 2019 is off limits if the right situation occurs like multiple guys we have rated highly fall out of the 1st round.

19. Derwin James SS Florida State - Dallas tries to move up because James fell past Washington at 13 but other teams wanted to much and they stayed put and still get their guy. If James would have been gone, it would be between Bryan and Vander Esch but getting James allows Dallas to form a very nice secondary with James, Heath, Woods, and Frazier. Although a SS type, James can cover with the best of them. SPARQ - 130.9

22. Taven Bryan DT (3 tech) Florida - Dallas puts off a trade with the Colts who traded the #6 pick to Buffalo for #12, #22, #53 and a second in 2019 to go up and get a QB they wanted. Dallas gives up #50, David Irving DT, Tyrone Crawford DT, James Hanna TE for #22. Colts are rebuilding and will move back into the late first. Dallas gets the guy Marinelli wants for his 3 tech. Will probably rotate immediately with Collins at the 3 tech spot. Has similar characteristics to Aaron Donald. SPARQ - 137.6

33. Courtland Sutton WR SMU - Dallas works into the night working out a trade with Cleveland sending Dez Bryant WR, Bryon Jones CB and #81 to Cleveland for #33 and #40. Cleveland acquired #40 from Denver to move down one spot from #4 to #5 and so Denver gets Josh Allen and Browns take Bradley Chubb DE. Sutton provides the speed and outside skills needed to replace Bryant at least for now and a Dak friendly offensive. SPARQ - 132.5

40. Trade with Kansas City, Dallas trades #40 for #54 and #86.

54. Harrison Phillips DT Stanford - a high energy, high motor 1 tech with some good pass rusher skills, very good size, long arms, quick twitch athletic player. Dallas was able to trade down and recoup a third round pick. SPARQ - 115.5

86. Josh Sweat DE Florida State - He will drop due to concern about his knee but should be fine as a rotation DE and SAM LB. Great length, speed, should contribute as a 3rd down pass rusher. SPARQ - 142.2

116. Desmond Harrison OT West Georgia - athletic tackle with past issues at UT but has the talent and ability to be a LT or a RT, great size and movement and good feet. Strong man and nasty demeanor who should be able to be a swing tackle right away and RT in 2019. Dallas will sign another OT as a UDFA and either trade or release Green. Although Collins wants to stay at RT, he is better suited at LG and Fleming is as good if not better than Collins as a RT. A O line of Smith, Collins, Frederick, Martin, and Fleming resets the O line to dominance like 2016. SPARQ (estimate) - 123.1

121. Darius Leonard OLB South Carolina State - has the ability to be a starting WILL, quick, instinctive and willing leader type. Should be able to learn quickly and serve as Lee's backup right away. SPARQ (estimate) - 138.3

192. Mark Walton RB Miami - Has break away speed, has some of those Barry Sanders qualities, believes he can score every time he touches the ball, decent receiver out of the backfield and excellent screen guy, would spell Elliott some, can also return kickoffs, should fall due to number of backs well into the sixth or seventh rounds. SPARQ - 149.8

208. Dalton Schultz TE Stanford - Not highly thought of as a special TE but very underrated, best blocking TE in years to come out, has great hands and great separation skills, under used at Stanford due to their offense. Pro ready and great 2 TE set guy, believe he will the heir apparent to Witten and should see playing time right away. SPARQ - 113.4

236. Tarvarious Moore FS Southern Mississippi - has garnered a lot of attention lately and is far better than most believed but regardless of the build up by the media, he will be a late round choice. Dallas could use him as a backup initially who just might develop into a starting free safety.

Only thing that could happen is if guys like Vander Esch LB or Miller OT or Evans LB or even Payne DT fall to the second then I could see Dallas trying to swing a deal using their 1st in 2019.

Sure most will not like the trades or the values of the trades but we are seeing a new side to the NFL in trades this year so for now going with it.

UDFA:
Maea Teuhema OG LSU - Could see him replacing Looney or the other Martin before the season starts
Larry Allen OG Harvard - trying to find info on him is exceptionally difficult, if he really wants to play, he will be a monster
Daurice Fountain WR Northern Iowa - lots of talk of him early 3rd day, he is still a small school guy that will fall
Brandon Facyson CB Virginia Tech - he is all over the board but have heard that Coach Richard would like to get him, so there's that
Oren Burks OLB Vanderbilt - a bit older but productive LB would could displace Wilson as the SAM, can play all 3 LB positions
Chase Edmonds RB Fordham - should stick with the PS, productive, coachable, good kid
Brett Toth OT Army - actually believe he could be a starting LT in two or three years after his ARMY stint.
Deion Harris CB North Dakota - great speed, length, leader, small school, lots to learn about the speed of the NFL
David Wells TE San Diego State - he could displace Jarwin as the fourth TE
Cowboys Fan for over 45 years.
\"Cherish one's friends for in the end that is all one has! Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ...holy sh!t...what a ride!\"

Fairweather
All-Pro
All-Pro

Re: 16 Days Until Dallas

Post by Fairweather » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:39 pm

I'm feeling dizzy... :bigchoke:
I Am Ironman. The Suit And I Are One.