Mock by Stong

Post by stong » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:35 pm

1. Jordan Willis, DE
2. Corderea Tankerseley, CB
3. Rasul Douglas, CB/S
4. Jake Butt, TE
6. Collin Buchanan, OT/OG
7. Fred Ross, WR

I think CB is our biggest need, but due to the depth of the position in this draft I am going DE first. Jordan Willis produced on the field over his career, played well in the all-star games and then blew up the Combine. His size is perfect for a 4-3 DE, especially his long arms. Tankerseley is a tall CB best suited for man coverage, which we play a lot of. He was an All-American and played well in big games, especially against Alabama. Douglas is another tall CB, not the fastest so could be a hybrid-S, and has the hands to be a ball-hawk. And we need interceptions! I'm hoping Butt falls to us at 4, might be wishful thinking, but if so he would be perfect to groom under Witt for a year. I watched some tape on Buchanan the other day and he looks pretty fluid for a big man. He could challenge for RT/swing and OG. Definitely like him better than Davenport, which many mocks have us taking. Ross played with Dak at MSSU so there is that chemistry, and he has good speed and hands and played in the SEC.

tom
All-Pro
All-Pro

Re: Mock by Stong

Post by tom » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:53 pm

Very solid. We also have a second 7th round pick that we could use on a developmental QB, 3rd down RB, or LB with special teams abilities.

John
Site Man-at-Arms
Site Man-at-Arms

Re: Mock by Stong

Post by John » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:23 am

Thanks for the mock!
"I'm Batman!"