2017 Monday before the Draft (Chirtmas to some)

Enter your Mock Drafts for the Dallas Cowboys in this forum
sandyf
Sigmund Freud
Sigmund Freud

2017 Monday before the Draft (Chirtmas to some)

Post by sandyf » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:54 pm

Going to put to different scenarios in one mock. Believe it will be a defense draft for the most part and trying to guess is tougher than ever.

28. Malik McDowell DT/DE Michigan State - played mostly DT for Spartans but did play all the line positions. Has great height, weight, strength and is a quick twitch guy with great speed. He is all over the boards in terms of rankings, just by CBS he is 35 but in the NFL 17 and Bleacher report has placed him at 18 then 41 now 33. Seems to be lazy on some downs and that will not fly in the NFL. His meeting with Dallas was more about was he a football player or not. Does fit the rotation scheme of Marinelli as a RDE. The one thing with this kid that is obvious on film is that when his head is in the game, he dominates better than any DE in the draft. He makes the offense scheme around him, that is how good he can be. Will he be there at 28, I believe he could be and if so (and he convinced Dallas he wants to play) then he becomes the pick.

60. Fabian Moreau CB UCLA - yes he has the pectoral injury and it might keep him out part of training camp but when healthy he is a 1st round pick. Some compare him to a Darrell Revis and we can only hope he has that sort of talent. Feel we will find that Marinelli wants this kid bad eventhough he probably would last to early 3rd round. Kid can play and cover and tackle.

92. Justin Evans S Texas A&M - has all the right attributes to be our starting SS and if we get him then Heath will be in for a battle to retain the starting spot. Great work ethic, great team guy, very good football player.

133. Tanoh Kpassagnon DE Villanova - the type of guy Marinelli likes at LDE, He is tall, good weight, big hands, good speed. Can get to the QB and can knock down passes. Good tackler.

211. Shaquill Griffin CB Central Florida - good size corner that should be good on special teams as he learns the speed of the NFL

228. Julie'N Davenport OT Bucknell - has great upside and ranked anyway from late 2nd to 7th round. He is a project although I believe a worthwhile one and believes he falls.

246. Donnel Pumphrey RB SDSU - the kid is just good although not very big. Would make a great 3rd down guy and change of pace guy. Great hands, no fear, can turn on a dime, and just makes something happens.

Now with a trade or two

28. Malik McDoowell DE/DT Michigan St - see above. The alternative here would be T.J. Watt or Gareon Conley. The way I see it QBs are going to make a huge difference in the 1st round, there will be a run and most likely 4 to 6 trades, the first being Cleveland to San Francisco for a boat load. That is going to cause a run of sort at other positions, mainly corners where we could see Lattimore, Humphrey, Conley, King and Wilson all come off the board very quickly. It may push a guy on offense down to us so really not sure what Dallas might do if a Corey Davis or O.J. Howard or Ryan Ramczyk or even a defense guy at OLB like Rueben Foster down to us. If so things are going to get extremely interesting. I do not believe Dallas will trade up in this draft, just to deep at the need positions.

If Dallas decides the talent is to rich to pass up then the next couple of picks would be Dallas trading next year's first to get them, and the only reason they would do that is if they believe the talent they get would put them over the top.
Based on the Jimmy Johnson Chart:
Dallas trades 2018 1st + 60 to San Francisco for 34 +52+65+109+146
*34. Chidobe Awuzie CB Colorado - should be able to start right away if necessary
*52. Josh Jones S North Carolina St - another that could start right away
*65. Fabian Moreau CB UCLA - see above
*109. Zach Cunningham LB Vanderbilt - can play all 3 LB positions (my guy I believe will fall)
133. Tanoh Kpassagnon DE Villanova - see above or alternate Tarrell Basham DE Ohio
*146. Julie'N Davenport OT Bucknell - see above
211. Shaquill Griffin CB Central Florida - see above
228. Donnel Pumphrey RB SDSU - see above
246. Fred Ross WR Mississippi St. - he was Dak's favorite WR in college
Cowboys Fan for over 45 years.
\"Cherish one's friends for in the end that is all one has! Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ...holy sh!t...what a ride!\"