3 games left mock

Enter your Mock Drafts for the Dallas Cowboys in this forum
sandyf
Sigmund Freud
Sigmund Freud

3 games left mock

Post by sandyf » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:33 am

Well time to get unrealistic with 3 games left and slim chance to make the playoffs. Time for a trade or two (unrealistic of course) because we are hosting the draft and Jerry wants to show off as normal.

First, I do believe Dallas will resign Zach Martin (actually extend him), resign Demarcus Lawrence, extend David Irving and somehow resign Anthony Hitchens. Is it possible, yes, but depends on how much the cap goes up and how the contracts are structured.

Two, I believe we see Charles Tapper and Randy Gregory next year on the field for Dallas. As to Rico Gathers, just not sure but latest is that he is becoming a truly all around TE, we will see.

Three, using the Drafttek ranking as of today so we know they will change and a lot. We also know that no matter what one believes guys will fall or rise based on how a particular team views the player.

So here goes.

1. (1st round)Christian Wilkins DT Clemson - versatile and can play DT or DE, quick, strong, and very fast for his size. He will go in the top 15 I believe although much will depend on teams going after QBs and LTs. Anyway, I believe Cleveland will trade down with their second round pick into the 11 -18 area because I believe that they sign Cousins QB in free agency and take Barkley at RB first overall, a shocker. If Dallas doesn't make the playoffs, I believe we will end up with the 20th pick. So Dallas trades #20 to Cleveland along with their 1st in 2019 for #16, #33 and 1st pick in 4th round.

2. (2nd round)Calvin Ridley WR Alabama - at the top of round two, Dallas drafts a true difference maker at WR that can stretch the field. Have to believe that Bryant, Williams, Brown, Beasley and Switzer are back but believe we would see a lot of Ridley and Brown in 2018.

3. (2nd round)Vita Vea DT Washington - with another trade of their pick in the 2nd round to move toward the end of the round along with grabbing an extra 3rd round pick, Dallas surprises and takes another defensive lineman. Vea is a former RB and still moves like one at 340 lb. A strong and quick defender who can play the 1 or 3 and provides a great rotation of Collins, Crawford, Wilkins and Vea.

4. (3rd round)Marcell Frazier OLB/DE Missouri - good size LB that could make a big difference at the SAM position. Seems to have good coverage skills as will as good run decision.

5. (3rd round)Chukwuma Okorafor OT Western Michigan - good feet, quick set, great run blocker, see him taking Chaz Green spot as the swing OT.

6. (4th round)Godwin Igwebulke S Northwestern - natural leader, smart, decisive and would replace Heath at S and ST

7. (4th round comp)Dallas Goedert TE South Dakota St - great hands, good blocker, smart, always improving, team guy could see him with Witten to become the guy along with Gathers next year.

8. (4th round comp) Larry Allen Jr. OG Harvard - you know Jerry is going to draft him and probably higher than any expert picks. Now I believe we resign Cooper at LG for a two or three year deal but also believe Jr. is closer to Sr. than the experts believe.

9. (5th round comp)Adonis Alexander CB Virginia Tech - tall good sized corner that I see more of a zone guy but could become a man to man guy.

10. (5th round comp)Bo Scarbrough RB Alabama - big, punishing back that could get some carries behind Elliott and Smith

11. (6th round)Daniel Jones QB Duke - very smart and capable QB that could be groomed and then traded much like what New England does

12. (7th round) ???

Could see a defensive line of Vea, Wilkins, Collins, Crawford, Lawrence, Irving, Tapper, Gregory, and Charlston. Linebackers of Lee, Smith, Hitchens, Wilson, and Frazier then secondary of Scandrick, Awubie, Lewis, Brown, Benewiker, Alexander, Igwebulke, Frazier, Woods, and Jones.
Cowboys Fan for over 45 years.
\"Cherish one's friends for in the end that is all one has! Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ...holy sh!t...what a ride!\"

Fairweather
All-Pro
All-Pro

Re: 3 games left mock

Post by Fairweather » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:10 pm

The only problem with this draft is that I'm now seeing Vea mocked in the mid-first round where I thought he would be to begin with. I want and need some Vea!!! If I could get Vea, Ridley, and a good flexible position linebacker in the first three rounds I would be ecstatic.
I Am Ironman. The Suit And I Are One.

John
Site Man-at-Arms
Site Man-at-Arms

Post by John » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:44 pm

:iamwithstupid:
"I'm Batman!"

MattN
War Room Member
War Room Member