April 4th, 3 weeks til the day

Enter your Mock Drafts for the Dallas Cowboys in this forum
sandyf
Sigmund Freud
Sigmund Freud

April 4th, 3 weeks til the day

Post by sandyf » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:35 am

Looking at all the trades so far and especially how the WR have gone in trades and free agency, it tells me that few if any value the WR crop as 1st round guys this draft and I do not disagree. So I see a couple of other trades panning out over the next 3 weeks. One of those is 49ers acquiring OJB from the Giants for #9, #70 and a 2nd in 2019 that could become a 1st. I also see the Giants trading down from the #2 spot if Darnold is still there, if not I believe they trade with Denver or Buffalo, more likely Denver picking up #5, #40 and 3rd and 4th in 2019. Don't like it but to much of a good possiblity.

I also look at the Titans and know they need a very good veteran WR, so is Dez worth a #1 pick, no, but spicing it up could happen. I also know that all the guys people believe won't fall out of the 1st round are going to be wrong as we all are every dang year. So this is a trader mock big time.

Dallas trades Dez Bryant, #116, #192, and conditional 3rd in 2019 to the Titans for #25 and #199.
Dallas trades #193, Cole Beasley and James Hanna to the Patriots for #95.
Dallas trades David Irving, Jeff Heath, #81 to the Colts for #37 and #67.

Dallas needs are LB (especially with Lee turning 32 and injury prone), DT (a 3 tech and 1 tech would be nice), S (be SS or FS or both), WR (if Dez gone have to think about a #1 guy), and OL (even if we move Collins to LG and Fleming to RT still need a swing OT and a OG)

19. Leighton Vander Esch OLB Boise St - best candidate to replace Lee
25. Taven Bryan DT Florida - just a feeling that this is a guy that Marinelli wants
37. Courtland Sutton WR SMU - high ceiling and really do believe most if not all WR fall to the 2nd round and below
50. Harrison Phillips DT Stanford - high motor, 1 or 3 guy, just fits our defense perfectly
67. Jessie Bates FS Wake Forest - high SPARQ and team captain, perfect for the Boys
95. Josey Jewell ILB Iowa - a tackling machine
137. Desmond Harrison OT West Georgia - dismissed from UT but has great skills, could see him in Dallas
199. Godwin Igwebuike S Northwestern - a bit older, smart, plays to whistle, good value
208. Dalton Schultz TE Stanford - great blocker, good hands, under utilized at Stanford, huge upside
236. Maea Teuhema OG LSU - underrated guy with good movement and feet, strong

UDFAs with a shot to make team or the Practice Squad:
Kyle Hicks RB TCU
Larry Allen, Jr. OG Harvard
Kendrick Norton DT Miami
Daurice Fountain WR Northern Iowa
Larry Rose III RB New Mexico St.
Justin Lawler DE SMU
Jaylon Ferguson DE La. Tech
Oren Burks LB Vanderbilt
Chris Campbell CB Penn St
Brandon Facyson CB Virginia Tech
David Wells TE San Diego St.
Brett Toth OT Army
Brandon Silvers QB Troy
Cowboys Fan for over 45 years.
\"Cherish one's friends for in the end that is all one has! Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ...holy sh!t...what a ride!\"