Who is your team?

General NBA Chatter
Coach Steele
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Who is your team?

Post by Coach Steele » Tue May 10, 2011 10:09 am

Sorry just saw this thread. I'm not heavily into basketball but thought it would be interesting to see who everyone's teams are. I have three partly because I've lived in all three cities.

1. Dallas (bc I was born and raised in Austin and Dallas has always gained my support over cities like Houston, plus I like Dirk).
2. Oklahoma City (I moved to Tuttle, OK. when I was 16. Oklahoma City doesn't have much other than their beloved Sooners. Its nice to see them finally have a professional Team. I also think Durant is a class act and I admire his skills and attitude (despite him being a former Longhorn)).
3. Chicago (I live here currently and root for the home team).

With that being said, who are your teams?

tom
All-Pro
All-Pro

Re: Who is your team?

Post by tom » Tue May 10, 2011 12:23 pm

Unfortunately.........the Lakers. :superangry:

Coach Steele
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Coach Steele » Tue May 10, 2011 1:22 pm

I can't believe that the Mav's beat them. I definitely can't believe that they beat them in 4. It was crazy.

MattN
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by MattN » Tue May 10, 2011 7:13 pm

I never really had a favorite team, it was more about the players. I liked Jordan, so the Bulls were a favorite for a long time. Before that it was Magic and the Lakers.

After Jordan retired, I pretty much lost most of my interest in Basketball.

I'm tired of seeing the same teams win over and over again, so here's my vote for the Mavs the rest of the way!

John
Site Man-at-Arms
Site Man-at-Arms

Post by John » Thu May 12, 2011 7:34 am

I really don't like basketball until the playoffs....maybe. I always liked the Celtics growing up though, so I'm glad they are finally good again. And I like the Mavericks a lot too. I LOVE that they swept the Lakers!

Coach Steele
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Coach Steele » Thu May 12, 2011 3:59 pm

John wrote:I really don't like basketball until the playoffs....maybe. I always liked the Celtics growing up though, so I'm glad they are finally good again. And I like the Mavericks a lot too. I LOVE that they swept the Lakers!
:cheerx2:

I look at the Lakers like I do the Yanks. They are always so good that I want someone to play underdog and beat them.

markg
Commander-in-Chief
Commander-in-Chief

Post by markg » Mon May 16, 2011 1:56 pm

Dallas Mavericks for me. I guess I'm officially a homer.
The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

markg
Commander-in-Chief
Commander-in-Chief

Post by markg » Mon May 16, 2011 2:02 pm

aptom wrote:Unfortunately.........the Lakers. :superangry:
I used to be a fan of the Lakers back when Jabbar, Worthy, Cooper, Rambis, and Magic played. Pat Riley and the Lakers vs. Celtics in the 80's and the whole Showtime scene was so great. I lived out there for a time so it was easy. But, the new generation Lakers and Kobe didn't do much for me. I moved to Texas so I started following the Mavs.
The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.