The Reality of Top Ten or Bust.

List of players for the 2016 NFL Draft
RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Reality of Top Ten or Bust.

Post by RAIDERRED » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:21 am

Too high for a running back, cause we don't like to pay them.
Too high for a QB because Romo will play another three years with various injuries sidelining him and crippling the team because we don't have a plan.
Highly doubtful that we would spend top ten money on another WR due to what we just paid Dez. The need is real, but I think we look the other away and pray.

McClain is on a one year deal and does not even look all that interested in contributing by making plays.
Lee looks like a shell of himself after getting knocked on the head.
Our safety play has been horrendous and our CB's have been inconsistent at best. Caliborne is playing for his next team. Carr will probably be gone.
Hardy seems to be the kind of guy that you'd want to invest in. Yes, he is a fiery competitor. I think we need a few more like him on the field.

So where you gonna spend that premium pick?
#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

berserkers
Team Captain
Team Captain

Re: The Reality of Top Ten or Bust.

Post by berserkers » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:07 pm

I'm spending that pick on a QB if he's the BPA. Otherwise, I'm taking the best corner or safety. Right now, Byron Jones is the best player in our secondary. I'm not joking.

The quarterback play is destroying this teams playoff chances. 4 turnovers vs 0 turnovers, and still we barely lose to the Giants. O-line clobbered the Giants D, but the QB was a disaster and gave the game away. The failures of the offseason are in full bloom this October.
Now all we need is another pass rusher.

The Playmaker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Playmaker » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:34 pm

I still go BPA but hope its on the defense side of the ball - either on the line or in the secondary.

But it wont matter cuz the Cowboys will be picking 32nd! :cheerx2:

sandyf
Sigmund Freud
Sigmund Freud

Post by sandyf » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:58 pm

Well, if we were drafting today, we would be drafting 12th, so going by the CBSSports rankings the 12th best player is Shaq Lawson DE Clemson. Frankly, once Romo gets back then I could see us with an 8-8 record possibly which means drafting somewhere between 16 and 23 probably.

The scouts and McClay have done a great job finding talent in the draft so I stick with BPA and hope that translate into a QB or RB in the 1st two rounds. Frankly unless the guy is a can't miss prospect at QB in the first then I would wait.
Cowboys Fan for over 45 years.
\"Cherish one's friends for in the end that is all one has! Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ...holy sh!t...what a ride!\"

MattN
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by MattN » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:27 pm

Sure do like that LSU Fournette kid.. to bad you can't get him until 2017. Hopefully Les Miles doesn't run him in to the ground first.

Byron Jones is easily our best DB "on the field" How good would this D be with a healthy Scandrik? man.....

Corner or Safety is always an option for BPA.

We have 4 out the 5 O-line SOLID for the next 3 years. L. Collins played lights out yesterday. He's going to a force for years to come. I said, 4 out of 5.. Free will need to be next to go after next season.

QB.. yeah.. that's getting more and more evident after every broken bone Romo gets. Why not invest a QB now and have sit behind him? Not a used up bum or a 1st round bust. A LEGIT DRAFT PICK!! Let's see Aaron Rodgers anyone? You are already overdue for looking at that position.

John
Site Man-at-Arms
Site Man-at-Arms

Post by John » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:59 am

:bowbow:
"I'm Batman!"

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:15 pm

It would be nice to see it all work out that way. I have reservations about that.

There will be some holes beginning next year. The Oline is solid, but they can't run or catch the ball and they certainly can't throw it. The DB's went from a position of depth to a position of puke. The Linebackers leave a lot to be desired especially with the inability of Lee to remain healthy. I for one could not wait to see RO and Lee together on the field. So far, meh. Not sure if it is rust or just a lack of on Ro's part. Lee seems like he is not all the way back from the head injury.The defensive line was supposed to be the strength. Well, not so much.

I don't see a legit 1st round franchise QB in this draft. There will most likely be QB's drafted in round one, but that doesn't man they should be.

Lots to consider moving forward, and like you always say, it's early.
#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

MattN
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by MattN » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:34 pm

RAIDERRED wrote:I

Lots to consider moving forward, and like you always say, it's early.
:thehammer:

Fairweather
All-Pro
All-Pro

Post by Fairweather » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:51 pm

Maybe our backup QB is on another roster right now?
I Am Ironman. The Suit And I Are One.

MattN
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by MattN » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:11 pm

Fairweather wrote:Maybe our backup QB is on another roster right now?
Perhaps. Any name guesses?

John
Site Man-at-Arms
Site Man-at-Arms

Post by John » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:29 pm

His name is John.
"I'm Batman!"

MattN
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by MattN » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:46 pm

John wrote:His name is John.
what would we want with a noodle-armed QB with a tweaky back?

John
Site Man-at-Arms
Site Man-at-Arms

Post by John » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:01 pm

Noodle armed yes. My back is great!
"I'm Batman!"

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:56 am

Too high for a QB because Romo will play another three years with various injuries sidelining him and crippling the team because we don't have a plan.
We sit at 9th. In this scenario, my board right now.

1. Robert Nkemdiche, DT OLE Miss
2. Vernon Hargreaves III, CB Florida
3. Jalen Ramsey, S Florida State
4. Laremy Tunsil, OT OLE Miss
5. Jaylon Smith, LB Notre Dame

We'd be crazy stupid to draft a QB this high and leave any of this talent on the board.
#ZEKEMODE

Coach Steele
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Coach Steele » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:43 am

RAIDERRED wrote:
We sit at 9th. In this scenario, my board right now.

1. Robert Nkemdiche, DT OLE Miss
2. Vernon Hargreaves III, CB Florida
3. Jalen Ramsey, S Florida State
4. Laremy Tunsil, OT OLE Miss
5. Jaylon Smith, LB Notre Dame

We'd be crazy stupid to draft a QB this high and leave any of this talent on the board.
Robert Nkrmdiche is a monster. I would love to add him to this defensive line. Chances are that Hardy will not be here next year. I would also love to have another playmaker in the secondary. Carr is probably gone after this year.

I'm betting we won't have a top 10 pick though. We will (realistically) win one of the next two games and then Romo will play well enough to bring us to 8-8. :explode: