List of players for the 2016 NFL Draft
RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Carson Wentz, QB North Dakota State

Post by RAIDERRED » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:37 am

HTWTHANDSARMS WING SPAN 40 TIME
60522331032 3/8780
North Dakota State runs a wide-open offensive attack with several pro-style looks, requiring Wentz to take most of his snaps from under center. He displayed a full menu of throws: rolling to his left, rolling to his right, using touch and trajectory over different levels of the defense, delivering before receivers were out of their breaks, and adding zip to fire strikes before defenders could react.

Wentz had a pre-snap plan and moved efficiently in his reads to find his target and make sound decisions. It was also encouraging to see his interactions with his teammates when the cameras weren't on him, coaching up his receivers and commanding the huddle.

It wasn't a perfect afternoon as Wentz was inconsistent with his deep ball accuracy, which resulted in a few incompletions. His placement was slightly off on a few out throws and he pre-determined several passes, which led to a pair of interceptions.
#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Re: Carson Wentz, QB North Dakota State

Post by 34yearsnow » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:55 am

The kid hasn't played in months....and they're tweaking him on some rep things??????

I don't care if he missed some of their timing routes.

The only "weakness" to that game was competition, and some of his throws were a touch errant(not throwing to the spot he should have, which can be effected by a lack of reps.)

Have heard people say that....
D-Backs in high school run 4.9
D-Backs in college run 4.6
D-Backs in the Pros run 4.4

He's at D2....so they likely run 4.7.

Going against 4.7....is a BIG jump to going against 4.4.
"How do we begin to covet? We covet what we see everyday"....Hannibal Lechter...The Silence of the Lambs

Coach Steele
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by Coach Steele » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:29 pm

Guy has skills. Wouldn't pick inside of top 10 but would from 10 and on. Give him 2 to 3 years to adjust to the pro game.

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:01 pm

Q: There are so many layers to the quarterback position, what do you think is the most important trait for a quarterback to be successful?
A: A lot of guys have tons of talent, but it boils down to the mental side of things. Preparing and knowing your offense and studying the defense. Being able to read and react quickly. The mental side is often overlooked.
Q: Coming from the FCS-level, do you feel like you're NFL ready or do you anticipate a large jump at the next level?
A: Without a doubt there will be a jump as a FCS guy. But whether you're from Division two or three or whatever, you have to answer the bell and show you're capable. The game will definitely speed up and I feel like I'm ready.
#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:14 am

#ZEKEMODE

34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by 34yearsnow » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:34 am

The kid has the makings...and I don't know if he climbs up to #4.

We'd likely have to trade back in to the 1st round to get him.

Here's the question that would have to be answered.....is he worth giving up a 2017 #1 pick for?????????????

We won't know for a while yet.
"How do we begin to covet? We covet what we see everyday"....Hannibal Lechter...The Silence of the Lambs

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:06 am

North Dakota State quarterback Carson Wentz led the Bison to his second straight FCS title (five straight for the team, two for Wentz as a starter) this season. I reached out to get a feeling on Wentz's draft stock after the game, and one high-level AFC scout told me he's the No. 1 quarterback on their board, even though they don't expect him to be around when they pick late in the first round.
#ZEKEMODE

34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by 34yearsnow » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:17 am

I've heard that MOST boards are Goff and then Wentz.....and then it's not close.

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:15 pm

#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:04 pm

Jeff Risdon@JeffRisdon
Draft nugget: was just told if Carson Wentz does well at Senior Bowl he's gone before Dallas gets a shot at him at 4 overall.
#ZEKEMODE

34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by 34yearsnow » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:54 am

RAIDERRED wrote:
Jeff Risdon@JeffRisdon
Draft nugget: was just told if Carson Wentz does well at Senior Bowl he's gone before Dallas gets a shot at him at 4 overall.
I'm at the point now it's him....or ZEKE at #4.....forget anything else.

Wentz means you need to add a runner later.

ZEKE means you pick-up a QB later.

Everything else goes defense until the 6th....and you start picking up O-Line depth.

rodg12
Team Captain
Team Captain

Post by rodg12 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:17 am

Really liking what I'm reading about him. Senior Bowl will of course tell the tale. Do we go from one FCS guy to another?!
Do your damnedest in an ostentatious manner all the time.
-George S. Patton

J Rod

34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by 34yearsnow » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:29 am

rodg12 wrote:Really liking what I'm reading about him. Senior Bowl will of course tell the tale. Do we go from one FCS guy to another?!
Who cares if the kid can play.

The important thing is that we'll have him.....and if we don't know more than any other team....we need to completely re-do the way we do things.

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:52 pm

A veteran NFL personnel man told me he strongly believes that if North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz has a strong performance at the Senior Bowl next week, he’s very likely to be drafted in the top 3 overall. When he saw the strong reaction, he reaffirmed his take to me on Tuesday and a scout from his team nodded in agreement.
#ZEKEMODE

34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by 34yearsnow » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:42 pm

...was afraid of this.

I was hoping they were all caught-up in Goff off the bowl game.