Laquon Treadwell, WR Ole Miss

List of players for the 2016 NFL Draft
RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Laquon Treadwell, WR Ole Miss

Post by RAIDERRED » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:58 pm

*2016 Draft Connection Note
Chris Kiffin, DL Coach/Recruiting Coordinator, Dave Wommack, Former DC @Arkansas with Houston Nutt
and Southern Miss. Worked with Paul Petrino at Southern Miss. Bobby's Brother. Linehan was with
Bobby at Louisville. Paul coaches Linehan's son at Idaho now.
Mouse Over to Enlarge
Very strong-minded competitor and doesn't shrink under bright lights. Innately motivated and wired right for professional football. Carries himself like a leader with a goal-oriented mind-set - genuinely enjoys the comradery with his teammates. Very grounded, mature personality for his age and handled adversity well after his 2014 season-ending injury.
Route-running still a work-in-progress and wasn't asked to run a full tree in the Ole Miss offense. Needs to rely more on his footwork at the top of routes to create separation. Speed is average for the position, lacking a second gear vertically to easily gain a step.
COMPARES TO: Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys - Treadwell shows a Bryant-like skillset with his size and athleticism combination to be a mismatch against cornerbacks on the outside.
#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Re: Laquon Treadwell, WR Ole Miss

Post by 34yearsnow » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:04 am

Here's the question.....

We just signed DEZ to a big contract. Do we want to spend 1st round money on what would be a #2 Wide Receiver....or do we want to spend that money elsewhere....and then add a Wide Receiver later in the Draft.....maybe one not just with a 2nd gear, but a 3rd gear also.
"How do we begin to covet? We covet what we see everyday"....Hannibal Lechter...The Silence of the Lambs

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:25 am

Like Kolby Listenbee?
#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by 34yearsnow » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:50 am

RAIDERRED wrote:Like Kolby Listenbee?
For one...there are others who are intriguing.

I doubt they out-run Kolby though.
"How do we begin to covet? We covet what we see everyday"....Hannibal Lechter...The Silence of the Lambs

tom
All-Pro
All-Pro

Post by tom » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:42 am

We whiffed on Stefon Diggs last year. Minnesota drafted him in the 4th round, and he proved to be a deep threat for them. Hindsight.....

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:42 am

A bunch of Teams whiffed on that one.
#ZEKEMODE

34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by 34yearsnow » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:50 am

Diggs likely would have been a returner for us too.

Fairweather
All-Pro
All-Pro

Post by Fairweather » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:33 pm

Yeah, I had him in a lot of my mocks. :x Every year I draft a WR/Returner and every year the Joneses don't draft one. :roll:
I Am Ironman. The Suit And I Are One.

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:45 pm

Laquon Treadwell entered Senior Bowl week as the No. 1 receiver on my board, and even though the junior isn't in attendance, after talking to sources familiar with his training regimen, the expectation is that he'll run in the 4.65-4.70-second range at the scouting combine. That would put Treadwell in the Alshon Jeffery camp as an early Round 2 player with big upside.
#ZEKEMODE

34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by 34yearsnow » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:42 am

RAIDERRED wrote:
Laquon Treadwell entered Senior Bowl week as the No. 1 receiver on my board, and even though the junior isn't in attendance, after talking to sources familiar with his training regimen, the expectation is that he'll run in the 4.65-4.70-second range at the scouting combine. That would put Treadwell in the Alshon Jeffery camp as an early Round 2 player with big upside.
At the top of the 2nd round....sure. At the top of the First---no way.

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:56 am

One player who is not expected to run all that fast at the Combine is Laquon Treadwell. Rated by most analysts as the top receiver in the NFL Draft, those around Treadwell will be satisfied if he runs in the mid 4.5s during his workout on Saturday, February 27.
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:28 am

There is a lot to like about Treadwell, but he does struggle to separate, even in college. He has the movement skills of a big receiver, but at his size he’s not large enough that it should be preventing him getting open regularly. Often getting separation looks like a struggle and there are too many plays where he doesn’t just struggle to separate, but actively fails in his route to the defensive back.
#ZEKEMODE

34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by 34yearsnow » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:33 pm

While the scouts were on the road in the fall, the number they had been carrying around for Laquon Treadwell speed-wise was 4.52. There are games where you see him separate vertically, but there are still scouts that have questions whether he really runs well enough. If he decides to run while at the Combine and he manages to hit that number or go below – he could put a lot of questions about his speed to bed before this draft and make him a consideration in the top five.
Broaddus

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:46 am

The 40-yard dash is an essential, yet often misunderstood drill. And for a player like Treadwell, his 40-yard dash will be a well-discussed topic, but of all the strengths to his game, speed is down on the list. He wins with power, ballskills and a large catch radius so as long as Treadwell runs in the 4.5-range, it won't affect his draft projection.
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:10 am

Peter Schrager ‏@PSchrags 5 minutes ago
Treadwell's the best pure wide receiver in this Draft, but he will be middle of the pack with his 40, middle of pack with vertical. So...
#ZEKEMODE