List of players for the 2016 NFL Draft
RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Rashard Higgins, WR Colorado St.

Post by RAIDERRED » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:49 am

HT WT HANDS ARMS WING SPAN 40 TIME
6'1 196 9 3/4 32 1/4 -- 4.64
Higgins totaled 75 catches 1,062 yards and eight touchdowns in 2015. He missed one game because of injuries, but his production was down a lot because of Jim McElwain's departure to Florida and Garrett Grayson's to the NFL. Higgins has good quickness, route-running and hands. He's a polished receiver.
Higgins was one of the most productive wide receivers in the nation in 2014 as he caught 96 passes for 1,750 yards and 17 touchdowns. The sophomore showed excellent hands and route-running. With head coach Jim McElwain in Florida and quarterback Garrett Grayson playing for the New Orleans Saints, Higgins' production is likely to decline as a junior. He had 68 receptions for 837 yards and six scores as a freshman.
What's most impressive about Higgins's game is that he is far from a one-trick pony. The Rams have enjoyed his big-play ability, but he's just as adept at working his way into space on short and intermediate routes. Few passes get away from him either, even in traffic.
“Hollywood” Higgins is a great route runner first and foremost. No player to my knowledge has ever shaken more defensive backs onto their butts than this kid. He is strong, slender and fast. At 6-foot-2 inches and 188 pounds he would catch a coach’s eye but add in a 4.42 second 40-yard dash time and excellent route running and you are building a juggernaut. Next, he never gives up on a play. In fact, he and the other receivers call themselves the “YAC Bros.” as in yards after the catch.
#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

tom
All-Pro
All-Pro

Re: Rashard Higgins, WR Colorado St.

Post by tom » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:41 am

Anyone nicknamed "Hollywood" Higgins NEEDS to play for the Cowboys. Draft the kid in the first round. :toothgrin:

John
Site Man-at-Arms
Site Man-at-Arms

Post by John » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:37 pm

Does he like cocaine too?
"I'm Batman!"

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:18 am

He’s the type of receiver who a quarterback can rely on being in the right place at the right time. Higgins is someone who helps the offense move the chains and pick up key first downs. He might not be a big-play threat but there’s a role for someone like Higgins at the net level.
#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:47 pm

Colorado State wide receiver Rashard Higgins was one of the early entry players who probably should have gone back to school. Sources really like his route-running, reliable hands, and quickness to get open. Plus, Higgins was very productive the past two seasons. However, Higgins is very thin and sources say that is going to hurt his draft grade. If Higgins were thicker and heavier, he could be a second-round pick. Sources say that Higgins is probably more likely to go in the 3-5 range.
#ZEKEMODE

rodg12
Team Captain
Team Captain

Post by rodg12 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:57 pm

Sounds like a carbon copy of Devin Street. Pass.
Do your damnedest in an ostentatious manner all the time.
-George S. Patton

J Rod

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:13 pm

Sounding and being are two different things.

Street was never a game changer in college. Nor was he EVER a dependable option.
Higgins is not Street. Not even close.
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:27 am

Higgins has broken every possible receiving record at CSU in three seasons and will be remembered as one of the greatest Rams to ever play at Hughes Stadium.
He’s a sharp kid with tremendous talent, length and blocking abilities who never for a minute showed an ounce of selfishness.
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:41 pm

Where Higgins wins is in his route-running, as the receiver has refined footwork and hip fakes to get defensive backs to open up the gate early and create space. Higgins thrives with subtle stems in his patterns, gliding down the field without decelerating in and out of his breaks. He’s a one-speed receiver without great burst in his cuts, but Higgins’ feet are smooth and coordinated, allowing the playmaker to separate at all levels of the field.
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:21 pm

Erik Galko of Optimum Scouting and Sporting News posits that Colorado State WR Rashard Higgins' "ability to finish as a receiver despite size deficiencies" make Tyler Lockett a "great starting point when projecting Higgins’ NFL potential—especially early on."
Galko makes the caveat that Higgins is not an amalgamation of the Seahawk upstart rookie, but rather that he has a chance to mirror Lockett's instant impact due to several key shared characteristics. Here are a few: slight frames, great quickness, mastery of the entire route tree, veteran-like moves such as "head fakes, double moves and combination routes in a fluid, efficient and catching-effective manner" and "high-level, instinctive nature." Higgins, three inches taller than Lockett at 6-foot-2, "doesn’t have the same elite vertical speed or high-end return ability Lockett does," per Galko, but Lockett "doesn’t have the underneath route polish" of Higgins. He concluded: "Higgins has concerns in terms of his body type, scheme/role limitations and potentially good-not-great vertical speed, but his maximization of his assets coupled with impact receivers like Lockett pave the way for Higgins' NFL interest and early-on pro success."
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:26 pm

Ben Fennell ‏@BenFennell_NFL 6 minutes ago
Rashard Higgins reminded me a lot of Emmanuel Sanders.. Sanders ran a 4.41 & went pick 82 (3rd RD). Higgins should be right in that ballpark
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:22 am

Mind you, the NFL decision makers are impressed with Higgins. His 239 career catches for 3,649 yards and 31 touchdowns made him the career leader in each of those categories at Colorado State, as well as a consensus All-American and a Biletnikoff Award finalist as a sophomore.

Scouts like the way he runs routes and the way he gets out of his cuts, as well as his hands. Now what they want to see is how fast can he run and is he completely healed from his hamstring and foot problems this year.
One NFL personnel member who asked to remain anonymous as to not tip his team's thinking feels if Higgins can run the 40-yard dash in the low 4.4 seconds, he could very well move up from the third- to fourth-round projections he now carries.
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:41 am

With such drop problems infecting some of the best receivers in this class, those who make clean catches deserve recognition. Rashard Higgins has some of the best hands in this class on film, and recorded the second lowest drop rate.
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:28 am

Brandon Thorn ‏@VeteranScout 49 seconds ago Fort Collins, CO
Rashard Higgins jumped 32.5 in the vertical here at #CSUProDay
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:53 am

Brandon Thorn ‏@VeteranScout 4 minutes ago Fort Collins, CO
Rashard Higgins ran a 4.59 40 yard dash here according to scouts around me at #CSUProDay
#ZEKEMODE