Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Andrew Billings, DT Baylor

Post by RAIDERRED » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:35 am

HT WT HANDS ARMS WING SPAN 40 TIME
6'1 311 10 33 -- 5.05
*2016 Draft Connection Note
For nearly nine years, his daughter Jancy was a valuable part of the Cowboys’
public relations department. Recently, she has moved on to another job, but that doesn’t stop
Briles from still making his way to the Cowboys’ headquarters. Baylor DC and Former SMU HC Phil Bennett+Dallas Cowboys
Assistant Director of College Scouting, Chris Hall is an SMU Alumnus.
Pros:

Good size for a 1 tech.
Really quick off the line.
Good explosiveness.
Good speed for his size.
Great bull rush.
Can occupy double teams and still gets off blocks.
Great at disengaging.
Good run stuffer.
Position versatility.
Good hand usage.

Cons:

Would like to see more advanced pass rush moves.
Hasn’t played against too many good offensive lines.
Sometimes disappears on film.

Bottom Line: I think Billings is going to be a good 1 tech at the next level. I really like what I have seen from his, and I think he’s a first rounder if he declares. He isn’t as big and as flashy as Oakman, but he actually is productive and is disruptive. I think Billings is a less explosive Marcel Dareus. I would like to see some more advanced pass rush moves, but I love how disruptive he is. I see him as a top 20 kind of guy.
#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Andrew Billings, DT Baylor

Post by RAIDERRED » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:45 am

Billings is a third year junior defensive tackle and a two year starter. Plays mostly as a nose tackle in the Baylor scheme.

Size – 6014 – 300 – 5.05 (all estimates)

Strong Points – Two year starter, strong, good snap reaction, flashes versus the run.

Weak Points – Lacks ideal size, tight in the ankles and hips, not play with a lot of bend, can be slow off blocks, not instinctive, slow to find ball. Not a pass rusher, hand use, shed.

Summation – Perhaps the most disappointing player I have seen to date this season. Gets a lot of publicity and said to be a top player, but I don’t see that on tape. My biggest concern is he is not instinctive and is slow to find the ball. While he has power and can get penetration, he doesn’t make a lot of plays. Is not much of a pass rusher as he lacks moves and lacks good hand use. Overall, he should stay in school and work on his game. Lacks the size to play in a 3-4 front and lacks the quickness and redirection needed as a 4-3 defensive tackle. His lack of instincts will really limit him at the next level.
#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by 34yearsnow » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:58 am

He could be the strongest player at the Combine.
"How do we begin to covet? We covet what we see everyday"....Hannibal Lechter...The Silence of the Lambs

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:08 pm

Justen Gammel @gamscout
Billings is a NT who doesn't excel at anchoring at the POA but actually is better coming forward. Weird prospect.
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:05 pm

A former national-champion weight lifter at the high-school level, Billings figures to rep 225 pounds on the bench press like he's lifting balloons instead of iron. CFB 24/7's pick for the nation's strongest player for 2015 was bench-pressing 500 pounds before he ever set foot on campus at Baylor. If anyone is going to challenge Stephen Paea's combine record of 49 reps on the bench press, Billings figures to be as good a bet as anyone.
#ZEKEMODE

34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by 34yearsnow » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:19 am

RAIDERRED wrote:
A former national-champion weight lifter at the high-school level, Billings figures to rep 225 pounds on the bench press like he's lifting balloons instead of iron. CFB 24/7's pick for the nation's strongest player for 2015 was bench-pressing 500 pounds before he ever set foot on campus at Baylor. If anyone is going to challenge Stephen Paea's combine record of 49 reps on the bench press, Billings figures to be as good a bet as anyone.
He'll come close if he doesn't break the record.
"How do we begin to covet? We covet what we see everyday"....Hannibal Lechter...The Silence of the Lambs

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:09 pm

College Football 24/7 writer Chase Goodbread believes Baylor DT Andrew Billings may challenge Stephen Paea's combine record of 49 reps on the bench press.

In the weight room, Billings is a freak among freaks. He and Mark Henry are arguably the two strongest high schoolers in American history (back in the day, Henry was called "the world's strongest teenager" by the Los Angeles Times). Rotoworld's Josh Norris ranks Billings as the No. 10 overall draft prospect and sees him being used in the NFL like the Panthers used Star Lotulelei. The 6-foot-1, 310-pounder has also drawn several comparisons to Aaron Donald.
#ZEKEMODE

34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by 34yearsnow » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:05 pm

He's not Aaron Donald...not close. Billings is a 1-Tech.....and NOBODY comes off the ball like Donald.

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:53 pm

Strong as an ox, Billings will shine during the bench press drills due to his power and experience as a weight-lifter. He will also benefit from shorter-than-ideal arm length, which is great for the bench, but not for a possible first round defensive lineman. Scouts are eager to get exact size dimensions for Billings.
#ZEKEMODE

34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by 34yearsnow » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:22 pm

I've moved Billings into being a late-first-rounder after speaking with some team sources. I really like Billings strength, quickness and ability to chase down running backs or quarterbacks in the pass rush. The reason why I moved Billings down was because teams say that at his size, they have him more as a high second-rounder. He may not be as big as his listed numbers - 6-foot-2, 310 pounds. This year's draft class doesn't have 32 true first-rounders, so some players with second-round grades will go on Thursday night. Billings could still be a late-first-rounder, but may not be a top-20 talent as previously thought.

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:46 am

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe 3 minutes ago
Andrew Billings is vastly over rated. Very strong but stiff, slow to find ball and very avg production
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:26 am

Third-year junior with 30 starts. "They bill him as the strongest college football player," one scout said. "He's a limited athlete, but he's got incredible strength." Had 5½ sacks in 2015. Likens his style of play to Vince Wilfork. "He's the true nose," another scout said. "They rant and rave about how strong he is, but he just doesn't play that way all the time. I see him second or third round."
#ZEKEMODE

Fairweather
All-Pro
All-Pro

Post by Fairweather » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:32 am

I loved his combine performance! Doesn't sound like he plays that way but has upside.
I Am Ironman. The Suit And I Are One.

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:52 pm

CFB Film Room ‏@CFBFilmRoom
Baylor DT Andrew Billings made 54% of his tackles at or behind the LOS in 2015 #NFLDraft
#ZEKEMODE