RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Trevone Boykin, QB/WR TCU

Post by RAIDERRED » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:26 am

HT WT HANDS ARMS WING SPAN 40 TIME
5116 205 9 31 3/8 75 7/8 --
*2016 Draft Connection Note
Not Direct, but parallel, Gary Patterson coached at Rod's Alma Mater, Cal Luthern in 1987.
Also coached at Utah Stateas did Rod. TCU Outside Receivers coach, Rusty Burns, spent four years at SMU.
Assistant Director of College Scouting, Chris Hall is an SMU Alumnus.
Mouse Over to Enlarge
Boykin QB Notes.

Consistently clean footwork throwing to his left.
Skill at altering set up without hurting the rhythm of his delivery.
Arm strength to drive the ball 30-45 yards down field.
Accuracy and placement on deep fade routes.
Often looks to throw first when using his legs against pressure.
Top-end quickness and speed for a potential NFL quarterback, but only average-to-above average athletic ability for a receiver.
Delivers the ball from a variety of arm platforms with success.
Good reads and diagnosis in the run game and passing game.
Willing to throw into tighter windows with anticipation.
Tends not to step into throws when flashes of pressure comes into his peripheral vision.
In this game, Boykin missed multiple big-play opportunities to seal the game and we discuss how we approach an evaluation when we see this kind of behavior from the first game.
Moves with poise.
Tries too hard to “shape” deep throws and the attempts were inaccurate.
Like most good prospects, Boykin can try to hard to make a big play when the game context calls for a more conservative decision.
Footwork throwing to his right can get a little cleaner.
TCU allows Boykin to read the entire field and made no use of rollouts or designed movement as a thrower.
Boykin displays a healthy, aggressive mindset as a passer, attacking the defense but throwing passes where only his receivers can make a play.
Good mechanics for whipping the ball with velocity by opening his chest and keeping his feet in a balanced stance.
#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Trevone Boykin, QB/WR TCU

Post by RAIDERRED » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:53 pm

#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:49 am

Jon Ledyard ‏@LedyardNFLDraft 2 hours ago
Trevone Boykin will work out as receiver during individual workouts, but not at NFL Combine
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:01 am

I KNOW I CAN PLAY QUARTERBACK IN THE [NFL]. WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE GUYS THAT ARE COMING OUT THIS YEAR, YOU CAN’T TELL ME WHY I’M NOT AS GOOD OR BETTER.
Trevone Boykin
#ZEKEMODE