RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Aaron Green, RB TCU

Post by RAIDERRED » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:08 am

HT WT HANDS ARMS WING SPAN 40 TIME
-- -- -- -- -- --
*2016 Draft Connection Note
Not Direct, but parallel, Gary Patterson coached at Rod's Alma Mater, Cal Luthern in 1987.
Also coached at Utah Stateas did Rod. TCU Outside Receivers coach, Rusty Burns, spent four years at SMU.
Assistant Director of College Scouting, Chris Hall is an SMU Alumnus.
Mouse Over to Enlarge
With TCU's leading rusher B.J. Catalon out with an injury on Saturday, Green made his second career start and was outstanding, rushing for a career-best 171 rushing yards on 18 carries and a touchdown, averaging 9.5 yards per rush. Against a tough, disciplined Kansas State defense, Green showed off his light feet and explosive lateral cuts to make defenders miss in space and then burst downfield with instant acceleration. He showed those shifty make-you-miss traits in the third quarter with a 65-yard touchdown run, eluding multiple Wildcats for the longest run of his career. It was the second career 100-yard rushing performance for the Nebraska transfer, who sat out the 2012 season after enrolling at TCU. A San Antonio native, Green left Lincoln due to his lack of playing time behind Ameer Abdullah and his desire to be closer to home. He will share the backfield duties once Catalon returns to the field, but Green certainly has the attention of NFL scouts after his performance over the weekend.
A true three-down back with excellent hands and route-running skills, Aaron Green has the tools to impress on the field in Mobile thanks to his pass-catching chops and quick running style. He's a poor man's version of Ameer Abdullah.
#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Aaron Green, RB TCU

Post by RAIDERRED » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:11 pm

A transfer from Nebraska, Green was part of a crowded backfield last season, but cream rises to the top and he earned added playing time, leading TCU with 922 rushing yards and 7.1 yards per carry. Green doesn't have an ideal frame and lacks a power element to his run style to consistently break tackles, but he does make defenders miss with his video game-like cuts and vision, making quick reads and reacting with his feet to keep defenders off balance. Although he lacks ideal long-speed, he is a determined and focused runner, taking advantage of each touch with terrific instincts in space. Green also showed he could be a reliable pass catcher with 19 receptions for 166 yards and two touchdowns last season. He has his limitations, but could be one of the top-five senior prospects at his position in the 2016 class.
#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:19 am

Aaron Green @AaronGreen22
HIGHLY disappointed and surprised that my name wasn't on the combine list, but trust me when I tell you that on Mar 31 heads R goin 2 turn..
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:55 am

Strong Points –

Initial quickness, vision, run instincts, decision making, speed and burst, elusiveness, pass routes and hands, willing to block

Weak Points –

Size, strength and power. Not consistently effective as a blocker, yards after contact, inside run.

Summation –

Transfer from Nebraska. Aaron is very productive within the TCU system, but he has limitations as far as playing at the NFL level. He is small and plays small. He is not a tough inside runner and can’t get much after contact. He is quick, fast, elusive and very good in the open field. He has good hands and is a reliable receiver. Will be best as a situation. Change of pace type player but won’t be a fulltime player. Late pick.
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:15 am

#22 Aaron Green/TCU (S) 5106/203 29 7/8” Arm | 8 3/8” Hand
Aaron has some scat-back change-of-direction to him, but shows quality instincts as an inside runner as well. Although he was a bit overmatched in the blitz pickup drill, he continued to battle and will challenge for an NFL roster spot during training camp.
1-on-1 Blitz Pickup: Wins: 3 Losses: 8
1-on-1 Pass Routes: Wins: 5 Losses: 2
Reese’s Senior Bowl Pieces: Aaron began his career at Nebraska in 2011 before transferring to Fort Worth and redshirting in 2012. According to PFF, he gained 127 yards on 17 carries (7.5 avg.) during the three days of RSB practices, which put him first amongst the RB’s. Of course, he also added a 25-yard scoring run in the game itself.
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:29 pm

Green averaged 7.1 yards per rush (922 yards, nine scores on just 129 carries) as a junior, so it's not hard to see why he earned second-team All-Big 12 notice. Though he regressed to the honorable mention category in 2015, his production actually increased (1,272 yards, 11 TD). The Nebraska transfer and nephew of NFL Pro Bowl cornerback Gary Green must convince teams he’s not too much of a bounce-outside runner to be an every-down workhorse.
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:30 pm

Pro Day Results
40-yard dash: 4.57 seconds
Vertical: 32 1/2 inches
Broad jump: 10 feet
Short shuttle: 4.04 seconds
3-cone: 6.89 seconds
Bench: 18 reps
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:31 pm

Sources Tell Us "I had to reject him. Hands are just average and he's not a first or second down runner. He's got some quickness but I needed to see blazing speed to consider him as a draftable guy." -- NFC personnel director
#ZEKEMODE