Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Corey Coleman, WR Baylor

Post by RAIDERRED » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:24 pm

HT WT HANDS ARMS WING SPAN 40 TIME
5'11 194 9 30 1/4 -- --
*2016 Draft Connection Note
For nearly nine years, his daughter Jancy was a valuable part of the Cowboys’
public relations department. Recently, she has moved on to another job, but that doesn’t stop
Briles from still making his way to the Cowboys’ headquarters. Baylor DC and Former SMU HC Phil Bennett+Dallas Cowboys
Assistant Director of College Scouting, Chris Hall is an SMU Alumnus.
The 2015 Biletnikoff Award winner had 74 receptions for 1,363 yards and 20 touchdowns this past season. He had sports hernia surgery last month but is expected to be ready for the Scouting Combine in February. Coleman (5-11, 190) is the shortest of this top 5 but he's certainly capable of playing on the outside and taking the top off a defense.
Expert: "Dangerous vertical talent with the ability to get over the top of defenders who fail to recognize his blazing quickness off the line of scrimmage. Coleman can get instant separation to create favorable passing windows and is one of the top playmakers in this draft." - Lance Zierlein, NFL.com.
#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Corey Coleman, WR Baylor

Post by RAIDERRED » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:40 am

Early in the college football season, Coleman took the nation by storm with a ridiculous 20 touchdowns in the first eight games. After that, injuries decimated the Bears’ quarterback depth chart and their passing game suffered. The 5-foot-11 Coleman won the Biletnikoff Award with 74 catches, 1,363 yards and 20 touchdowns. At worst he is a vertical playmaker, but he has the potential to become much more than that. He will challenge Thomas and others to be the second receiver off the board.
#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:06 pm

Long before winning the Biletnikoff Award as the nation's top receiver, CFB 24/7 selected Coleman as the most freakish athlete in the nation. Before he even began training specifically for the combine, he tested off the charts in multiple combine events (4.38 40-yard dash, 11-3 broad jump, 45-0 vertical jump, and a 6.62 clocking in the three-cone drill ,which would have topped all receivers at the 2015 combine). He could set the bar at his position in multiple events in Indianapolis
#ZEKEMODE

34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by 34yearsnow » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:34 pm

This might be the one receiver in the draft that scouts have the most questions about. There are some that love his play making ability, while others are not willing to give him a pass due to the type of scheme he plays in. It will be interesting to see what he actually measures in height and weight. If he’s under 5-10, teams might be turned off by him -- despite the fact that for a short guy on tape, his leaping ability is very good.
Broaddus
"How do we begin to covet? We covet what we see everyday"....Hannibal Lechter...The Silence of the Lambs

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:01 am

Baylor wide receiver Corey Coleman is a polarizing player in this year's class due to his smaller size and the fact that he played in the wide-open Baylor offense. But one general manager I spoke to this week compared him to "a more complete John Brown" and expects Coleman to be a top-15 pick in April.
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:13 pm

There is some disagreement among evaluators about how fast Coleman will run the 40-yard dash in Indy. The coaches at Baylor have told scouts that he will post times in the high-4.3s or low-4.4s. However, some scouts believe he will more likely run in the low-4.5s. From what I've studied on tape, I estimate his speed at around 4.45. While his speed is debatable, everyone expects him to post crazy jumping numbers. How crazy? A vertical leap of 42-plus inches and a broad jump of more than 11 feet. Coleman, who racked up huge numbers last year at Baylor (74 receptions for 1363 yards and 20 touchdowns) is likely a mid-to-late first-round pick.
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:00 am

Baylor beat writer Shehan Jeyarajah expects WR Corey Coleman to participate in the NFL Combine.
As Jeyarajah notes, Coleman "forewent the bowl game at the time to get the timeline right for the Combine." The receiver was dealing with a sports hernia and elected to have surgery prior to the season ending after playing through the ailment for multiple games. You all know that we love Coleman for his big play ability, and he he is 100 percent, expect the receiver to blow the roof off the NFL Combine. His athletic profile could be off the chart.
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:14 pm

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 7 minutes ago
#Baylor WR Corey Coleman won't run the 40 at the combine. Only been running full speed the last couple weeks. Should be 100% by his Pro Day.
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:15 am

Baylor’s star wide receiver didn’t run the 40-yard dash this week, but the big news was him measuring in at 5-11. The big knock on Coleman has been his height, so measuring in taller than many people expected is good news for his draft stock. It also helps that he had a huge vertical leap of 40.5 inches. He’s our number one receiver on the board, showcasing his impressive ability to get separation in 2015. What makes Coleman special is his ability to create big plays after the catch, forcing 29 missed tackles on 138 receptions over the past two seasons.
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:17 am

5-11, 194. Caught 173 passes for 3,009 yards (17.4) and 33 TDs. "Really dynamic player," one scout said. "Got a ton of catches and big plays. It'll take a little bit of time when he comes in the league just like all the Baylor receivers because they don't run a route tree. There's a development to his game that he needs." Compared by another scout to Anquan Boldin.
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:12 am

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler 8 hours ago
For the second time in as many days, a NFL scout has used the Corey Coleman-Steve Smith comp when describing his game. High praise.
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:58 am

Coleman stands out as the top receiver in a class short on top-end talent. Questions about his height were answered when he checked in at 5-11 and produced a 40-and-a-half-inch vertical jump at the scouting combine in Indianapolis. A talented player with the ball in his hands, Coleman forced 13 missed tackles on 74 receptions in 2015, and was the nation’s leader in yards per route run prior to Baylor’s top two quarterbacks going down with injuries. If there is a knock on him, it’s the reliability of his hands — he dropped 10 passes last season.
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:50 am

One NFL coach I spoke with loved — LOOOOVVVVED — Baylor's Corey Coleman in his private interview session. Coleman isn't the biggest receiver, but no one was better in college football in 2015. He's explosive (40.5 vertical and 10-9 in the broad jump) and extremely strong despite being only 5-11. I'll be surprised if he doesn't go in the top 40 picks.
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:25 pm

CFB Film Room ‏@CFBFilmRoom 1 minute ago
Corey Coleman averaged 9.2 yards per target on passes that traveled 5 or fewer yards in the air. That's... efficient.
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:45 pm

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 2 hours ago
I spoke with 4 NFL head coaches and 2 general managers today at league meetings, and all praised the heck out of Baylor WR Corey Coleman.
#ZEKEMODE