QB's and Hand Size

List of players for the 2016 NFL Draft
RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

QB's and Hand Size

Post by RAIDERRED » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:21 pm

Favre’s hands were measured by the NFL years ago (from thumb tip to pinkie tip) at 10 3⁄8 inches. For comparison’s sake, Tony Romo’s hand was measured at 8.88 inches. Anything bigger than 9 1⁄2 is considered large for an NFL QB prospect.
"It’s obviously something I can’t control,” Allen said, before adding that as part of his draft training process, the masseuse who helps the athletes with recovery has also been working twice a week on stretching out the QB’s hands “to maybe get another 1/2 inch or 1/4 inch here or there because the muscles in my hands were really tight and this can loosen them up. I have long fingers.

“It’s worth a shot."
Tony Romo’s become the poster child for the small-hands QB. The Wisconsin native played in college at Eastern Illinois, but he has struggled, going 1-3 as a starting NFL QB in games played at 32 degrees or colder, according to ESPN Stats and Info data. Romo's individual stats, however, don’t look that bad: He's completed 60 percent of his passes with an 8-4 TD-INT ratio in those games.
Brandon Allen didn’t play in anything close to an Ice Bowl in college. He did play well though in two games that were in less than ideal weather. Against Miss. State when the temperature was in the mid-30s, he went 30-of-43 for 406 yards, throwing seven TDs and zero picks in a 51-50 loss. The other game was vs. Mizzou in sleeting rain, and he went 11-of-17 for 102 yards without a TD pass and one INT in a 28-3 Razorbacks win.
In 2015, Allen actually led the country in QBR rating at 87.8 and was tops in the SEC in passer rating at 166.48 despite playing a chunk of the season without three of the Razorbacks’ top four receivers.
I think he fits a team that runs the traditional West Coast offense because he’s got quick feet. He’s got a quick arm and I think Brandon has quick eyes as well.
The Rest
#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: QB's and Hand Size

Post by RAIDERRED » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:21 am

Paxton Lynch, QB Memphis...Profile Click It....11.5
#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:19 am

Tom PelisseroVerified account @TomPelissero
One point of curiosity for coaches/scouts entering combine week: how does Jared Goff measure? Smallest of top QBs, hands supposedly tiny.
#ZEKEMODE

since1972
Team Captain
Team Captain

Post by since1972 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:44 pm

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:34 pm

Romo - 8.88, per the Mothership.
Hand Size Matters...Lol
#ZEKEMODE