RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Official NFL Combine Thread: 2/28

Post by RAIDERRED » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:09 pm

Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris 5 minutes ago
Ronald Blair on http://NFL.com/Live talking about his tai chi background
#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:11 pm

Ogbah
Tapper
Blair
Spence
Lawson
Dodd
Ochi

We should get one don't you think?
#ZEKEMODE
"He's a humble kid," notes Brown. "He's a very intelligent kid. He talks about a lot of things other than football. He's interested in a lot of things other than football. But he wants to be the greatest to put on pads, so I'm going to help him get there."

34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by 34yearsnow » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:12 pm

RAIDERRED wrote:
Ben Stockwell ‏@PFF_Ben 34 minutes ago
Charles Tapper's pass rusher profile by alignment:

NT: 4 rushes; 0 Hu
DT: 49; 4 Hu, 1 Sk
DE: 204; 13 Hu, 1 Ht, 4 Sk
Edge: 113; 10 Hu, 2 Sk
a bit deceiving....put in positions to eat-up blockers.
"How do we begin to covet? We covet what we see everyday"....Hannibal Lechter...The Silence of the Lambs

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:12 pm

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 2 hours ago
Jerry Jones on drafting a QB: If a player came in here and played behind Tony Romo 3-4 years, he'd get a Harvard degree in how to play QB.
:roll:
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:13 pm

CollegeFootball 24/7 ‏@NFL_CFB 30 seconds ago
Joey Bosa says on @NFLNetwork that he interviewed with 13 teams at #NFLCombine, including the Titans, Browns, Saints, Ravens and Cowboys.
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:13 pm

Not sure how I feel about that.
#ZEKEMODE

34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by 34yearsnow » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:14 pm

Showing tape of Bosa vs. Illinois...who's terrible....and Penn State, who can't block.
"How do we begin to covet? We covet what we see everyday"....Hannibal Lechter...The Silence of the Lambs

Fairweather
All-Pro
All-Pro

Post by Fairweather » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:15 pm

He didn't say 1st Round QB. And not Harvard, Jerry...more like Cornell.
I Am Ironman. The Suit And I Are One.

34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by 34yearsnow » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:36 pm

For a point of comparison, here are some of the totals from other recent linebacker prospects:

Demario Davis 32
Luke Kuechly 27
Chris Borland 27
Denzel Perryman 27
Ryan Shazier 25
Khalil Mack 23
Bruce Irvin 23
Shane Ray 21
Lavonte David 19
Trent Murphy 19
Dante Fowler 19
Anthony Barr 15

UCLA's Myles Jack is the favorite to be the first linebacker selected, and he cranked out 19 reps of 225 pounds. Jack (6-1, 245) was heavier than expected, but in a good way. Jack's bench press total wasn't alarming, but it wasn't impressive.

The leader of all the linebackers was Clemson's B.J. Goodson. He totaled 30 reps. The 6-foot-1, 242-pounder showed some impressive strength to get his Combine started well.

The second-highest total came courtesy of Miami's Raphael Kirby. He churned out 27 reps in a good performance. Kirby needs to differentiate himself at the Combine and force teams to take notice, so the bench press was a nice start.

Arizona linebacker Scooby Wright (6-0, 239) dropped weight for the Combine, and maybe that hurt his bench press output. Still, Wright totaled 22 reps, which is a respectable amount. Wright needs a good Combine with a clean medical evaluation.

Considering Oklahoma linebacker Eric Striker (5-11, 227) is undersized, it was impressive that he totaled 23 reps on the bench press. Other lineman who weighed around 250 didn't pop the bar up as much as Striker did, so this illustrates that Striker has put time in the weight room. However, on the down side, it makes you wonder if his frame is maxed out, and he won't be able to add much more weight in the NFL.

There were two underwhelming totals from early-round picks in Ohio State's Darron Lee and USC's Su'A Cravens. Lee (6-1, 232) had 17 reps, while Cravens (6-1, 226) posted 16 reps. It would be nice to see each one get to 20 reps at their pro days.

Kentucky linebacker Josh Forrest (6-3, 249) was a thumper who is a physical defender in the tackle box. As a big middle linebacker, it was surprising that Forrest finished dead last with 11 reps. That is an alarming total for Forrest. He needs to improve on that significantly at his pro day.

34yearsnow
War Room Member
War Room Member

Post by 34yearsnow » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:38 pm

Monday's defensive back workout will set the pecking order at safety with the prime suspects being Keanu Neal of Florida, Darian Thompson of Boise State and Vonn Bell of Ohio State. As previously mentioned, Neal has been outperforming Bell regularly in combine training.

The belief is at least one safety will go in the late part of the opening round, and there's a chance two end up in the first frame. I'm hearing if you want a chance of selecting one of the top safeties, you'll have to move in front of Tennessee at the top of Round 2. I'm told the Baltimore Ravens are a team that could trade back into the bottom part of Round 1 to grab one of the safeties.

I'm told the Oakland Raiders won't let Darian Thompson get past them in the second round.

As of right now, people feel Jack Conklin is the player most desired by the Green Bay Packers, but it's very unlikely the Michigan State tackle falls that far. The contingency plans for the Pack seems to be Jason Spriggs at this point.

Teams were impressed with Germain Ifedi's workout, and there's a feeling the Texas A&M offensive tackle could slide into the late part of Round 1. I'm told right now Seattle and Denver are the teams targeting Ifedi late in round one.

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:36 pm

CollegeFootball 24/7 ‏@NFL_CFB 26 minutes ago
Top broad jumps for LBs at #NFLCombine:

GOLD: Darron Lee, 11'1"
SILVER: Travis Feeney, 10'10"
BRONZE: Leonard Floyd, 10'7"
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:37 pm

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 33 minutes ago
Noah Spence tweaked his hamstring at the Senior Bowl and has issues with it today. Was timed at 4.6 in training. Pro Day next week.
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:40 pm

CollegeFootball 24/7 ‏@NFL_CFB 26 seconds ago
Top 20-yard shuttles for DLs at #NFLCombine

GOLD(tie): Joey Bosa & Shaq Lawson, 4.21
BRONZE (tie): Shilique Calhoun & Bronson Kaufusi, 4.25
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:40 pm

CollegeFootball 24/7
‏@NFL_CFB
Top 3-cone drills for DLs at #NFLCombine:

GOLD: James Cowser, 6.80
SILVER: Joey Bosa, 6.89
BRONZE: Shilique Calhoun, 6.97
#ZEKEMODE

RAIDERRED
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post by RAIDERRED » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:43 pm

NFL Draft Blitz ‏@NFLDraftBlitz 55 seconds ago
Excellent numbers for Joey Bosa. Great to see a top talent working out at the Combine. Major respect.
#ZEKEMODE